Bilstein 5100 Leveling Shocks Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2011 | 01:37 PM
|
Bilstein 5100 Leveling Shocks Question

Before I order all four shocks for my '05 FX4, I just wanted to know if anyone here has these installed on their trucks?
My question is, do the shocks come with all of the required hardware for the level, or do I have to purchase the blocks, spacers, etc?
Also, does anyone know what max size tire I can put on my factory 18" wheels? I've been hearing some conflicting thoughts.
Thanks all for the help!

Old 12-21-2011 | 08:56 PM
You will need nothing besides the shocks parts wise. You will need a coil spring compressor or take the assembly to someone with a press after you remove it. You can get 34s on there some will tell you 35s but in my opinion just because you can fit em doesnt mean you should.

Old 12-22-2011 | 09:36 AM
|
Originally Posted by Jughed
You will need nothing besides the shocks parts wise. You will need a coil spring compressor or take the assembly to someone with a press after you remove it. You can get 34s on there some will tell you 35s but in my opinion just because you can fit em doesnt mean you should.
Jughed, how do you like your 5100s? I was thinking about running 33"s on mine when I install the shocks. The only reason I was asking about the shocks was from some of the research I've done, it looked like the pics certain Web sites used for the description showed different images. I just wanted to make sure before I spent the cash for them.
Appreciate the help!

Old 12-23-2011 | 07:44 AM
I had them on my 04 and loved them. I put 285/70/17 (just under 33" tall and 11.5" wide) nitto terra grappler tires on and they cleared fine. Yours should clear even better since its a fx4.

Old 12-23-2011 | 09:26 AM
Originally Posted by Ponyboy24
Jughed, how do you like your 5100s? I was thinking about running 33"s on mine when I install the shocks. The only reason I was asking about the shocks was from some of the research I've done, it looked like the pics certain Web sites used for the description showed different images. I just wanted to make sure before I spent the cash for them.
Appreciate the help!
Love em, removed my 2.5 in spacers and went to the bilsteins and have never looked back. The ranch Quick lift is a great product too and are ride adjustable.

Quick Reply: Bilstein 5100 Leveling Shocks Question