procomp es 9000 shocks, ? on fit for 2001 f150

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2012 | 09:25 PM
|
Question procomp es 9000 shocks, ? on fit for 2001 f150

I ordered a set of 4 shocks from 4wheel parts.com. They sent me shocks that look about 4-5 inches longer than the OEM MC front shocks and the rear shocks have a round bushing type fitting for the top (like what is on the shock bottom) instead of the threaded rod like the OEM MC has. My truck is a 01 f150 4x4 XLT SCAB with the 5.4L engine and no lift. I figured they sent me the wrong shocks even thou I called 4 wheelparts after I saw the huge length and they assured me they were the correct part for my vehicle. The front part number is #917510 and the rears are part #927510.

So today I jacked the vehicle, removed the wheels and saw the actual difference in the front and rear OEM compared to the procomps.

I found this other shock dealer tonight, http://www.replacementshocks.com/cat...ocomp%20es9000 and they list the shocks I was sent as the correct fitment for my vehicle. Now I am really confused????

Can anyone out there shed some light on this for me? There is no way the rears can fit for sure as the top fitting is completely different than the OEM (threaded rod vs round bushing type) and the fronts look way to long for no lift on my truck.

If I can get these returned without them dinging me for a restock fee, then, I think I will pony up more money and go for the bilstein 4600 HD shocks as i know they are popular on this site.

Thanks in advance, I really like this forum, great info and helpful folks.

Old 02-13-2012 | 01:56 PM
|
I solved the shock mystery today with the help of the procomp engineer, Jeff. I opened all the shock boxes and I lined up the shocks they sent me and it was obvious I was sent the wrong front shocks. Evidently, someone at the warehouse must have put two mismatched shocks into the wrong boxes. I got a free steering stabilizer as part of the deal, and that was the wrong application as well. I called back 4wheel parts.com and they made a good deal on a set of 4 bilsteins HD shock and the customer service sent me an email with a return shipping label so I do not have to pay the return shipping. They will refund my card in full (except for $15 tax?) when they receive the procomps back. So for now I am happy and understand that **** happens and someone had a bad day at the warehouse. I will post if the credit to my card gets messed up, but for now all is well.

Quick Reply: procomp es 9000 shocks, ? on fit for 2001 f150