Stack 2.5'' spacer with....

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 03:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh ok, I get what u mean! Yes they are greasable, I was just implying that my UCA dont rub against my coils and as I sit right now with the 2.5'' spacer, it is still about 1.5'' away from the coils! As far as people saying that I will have NO down travel, I am only raising the Bilstien's to the 1'' setting and when I raised the front of my truck up, I still had a few inches of down travel in case I hit a bump or better yet a Pot hole. I know you guys are trying to help and save me the hassle and I appreciate it, but the company who is putting all this on promised to replace my ball joints if they go out before a year, so I'm not sweating it for now! I would have bought the uni ***** that camburg makes but they are SOOOO expensive! lol

Old 04-02-2012, 04:51 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Jaskdavis
I would have bought the uni ***** that camburg makes but they are SOOOO expensive! lol
It's not that they are SOOOO (are you gay or have a studder?) expensive, it's that you are so cheap and refuse to listen to anything anyone says.

Old 04-02-2012, 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by 06yz250f
It's not that they are SOOOO (are you gay or have a studder?) expensive, it's that you are so cheap and refuse to listen to anything anyone says.
Wow, Have you even tried to do what I am doing? Didn't think so, so **** and go stick your **** in a meat grinder! I'm pretty sure I said thanks for helping me in that last post, but you have to go on and make an *** out of your self. Already said don't have a lot of money and if you think that $500 is reasonable for 2 control arm's when I payed less than that to get UCA's, Ball joints, tie rod end's and a Rear 2.5" block and all the shipping then you probably Jerk off while watching Mr. magoriams wonder emporium! lol nah I'm kidding

But yes I am stubborn but you have to understand that half the people tell me "it's ok" and the other half say "WTF are you thinking you Dumbass" Both being non official F-150 enthusiast.

Last edited by Jaskdavis; 04-02-2012 at 05:17 PM.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:27 PM
Umm, uniballs aren't expensive for what they are however. Replacing upper ball joints adds up fast. Uni's never need to be replaced.

Old 04-02-2012, 05:58 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by pizzaman711
No more than 2.5". With any combination of those. Ball joints will be going out ever 6 months or so if you tried that. And that's even if you could fit it all back into place.
^^ says it's not going to work

The stack is just not possible. Either stick with the level, get a body lift, or save your money and buy a full lift.
^^says it's not going to work

Originally Posted by fine_style150
oh, definitely it can be done. have fun bolting everything back together

Originally Posted by 97isnotold
just to clarify anything over 3" physcially will not work. i've seen a 3" level in person and there is mayyybe 1/8" between the upper A arm and the coil. anything over that will rub the coil like crazy. ya noob lol

Originally Posted by fine_style150
a truck sitting on a jack and a truck sitting on wheels/tires provide for two diffrent scenarios. i don't see how your method proves. Enjoy it tho

You do realize riding around at full droop or as close as you can get to is gonna provide for horrible ride quality, right?

Originally Posted by MossyOak3006
I want pictures of a truck with 4" of front lift with no drop brackets or anything when this is installed. That is, if it's possible to get the truck reassembled

Wow, Have you even tried to do what I am doing? Didn't think so, so **** and go stick your **** in a meat grinder! I'm pretty sure I said thanks for helping me in that last post, but you have to go on and make an *** out of your self.

But yes I am stubborn but you have to understand that half the people tell me "it's ok" and the other half say "WTF are you thinking you Dumbass" Both being non official F-150 enthusiast.
and you clearly haven't been here long enough, i'm an *** 99.9% of the time so trying to insult me by calling me an *** is pretty funny

Please explain how you got your statistics, 47.3% are made up on the spot. From what i see, other than a shop who wants your money telling you yes every other person has said no.

edit: i don't doubt them getting it bolted back up, your front end will destroy itself super quick and you will have a terrible ride. Seems like a waste of money to go up 1" w/ no improvement in anything

Last edited by 06yz250f; 04-02-2012 at 06:02 PM.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:08 PM
but the company who is putting all this on promised to replace my ball joints if they go out before a year
Make sure you get that "promise" in writing and while your at it shoot for tie-rods to be covered also.

And like 06yz250f said, your listening to someone who want's your money and has something to gain off you doing this.

Old 04-02-2012, 06:12 PM
^^ says it's not going to work

and you clearly haven't been here long enough, i'm an *** 99.9% of the time so trying to insult me by calling me an *** is pretty funny

Please explain how you got your statistics, 47.3% are made up on the spot. From what i see, other than a shop who wants your money telling you yes every other person has said no.
Whoa! I got owned! Ok, well I know ur an *** by the first time making small talk about my Girlfriend living in Denton! Ok I meant Everyone Here in Florida where I live Friends, Family, and those Money Hungry Truck shops said It will work, the only person "I know" who has come close to this put a 3'' Spacer on his 2wd and hasn't had any problems with it for two years now, so I thought well what the hell 1/2'' more couldn't hurt. I Know it can be put together (Via YouTube 3.5'' spacer install vid) I know my UCA's won't rub my coils and I know I will have A few inches of down travel left after install. So the only thing I am worried about is my ball joints wearing out prematurely, which the Shop will replace if they go out in a year after install, which if they do then I will then say "I don't recommend it"

Old 04-02-2012, 06:23 PM
Suspended
Whoa! I got owned! Ok, well I know ur an *** by the first time making small talk about my Girlfriend living in Denton!

Well, how i see it your girlfriend has to be hot because she is not dating you for your brains and 7's date 7's, 8's date 8's etc and you only can go up or down 2. So by that theory she is good looking. Pics could prove me right or wrong....

And you brought up she lives in denton, not me. I just said i'd like to put food and drink in her in a romantic manner (pics could make w/ withdraw that offer though)

Ok I meant Everyone Here in Florida where I live Friends, Family, and those Money Hungry Truck shops said It will work, the only person "I know" who has come close to this put a 3'' Spacer on his 2wd and hasn't had any problems with it for two years now, so I thought well what the hell 1/2'' more couldn't hurt. I Know it can be put together (Via YouTube 3.5'' spacer install vid) I know my UCA's won't rub my coils and I know I will have A few inches of down travel left after install. So the only thing I am worried about is my ball joints wearing out prematurely, which the Shop will replace if they go out in a year after install, which if they do then I will then say "I don't recommend it"
What experience do your friends and family have w/ f150s? on a toyota 3" are fine, that shows not all applications are the same. Unless they have hands on experience like most of the members here i'd listen to us over them but definitely not a shop who wants your money.

Don't you wonder why they make a 4" full lift kit and no one offers a 3.5" leveling kit?

Old 04-02-2012, 06:48 PM
Well, how i see it your girlfriend has to be hot because she is not dating you for your brains and 7's date 7's, 8's date 8's etc and you only can go up or down 2. So by that theory she is good looking. Pics could prove me right or wrong....

And you brought up she lives in denton, not me. I just said i'd like to put food and drink in her in a romantic manner (pics could make w/ withdraw that offer though)

What experience do your friends and family have w/ f150s? on a toyota 3" are fine, that shows not all applications are the same. Unless they have hands on experience like most of the members here i'd listen to us over them but definitely not a shop who wants your money.

Don't you wonder why they make a 4" full lift kit and no one offers a 3.5" leveling kit?
Hahaha Yeah thats true! Well she is a 9, I wont be ****y and say a 10 because her ***** could be bigger , but I love her the same

As far as Friends, Family goes i only ask people who are F-150 owners and most of them are Mechanics! F-150's are EVERYWHERE is Panama City, but yes they do make a 3.5'' leveling kit on E-bay and other Off road sites, but don't know anyone who has one. You and Pizza have provided plenty of
I might just go with the 0" setting since new struts might raise my truck 1/2'' anyways, but how do you think a 2.5" rear block would look in the back? I do want a little rake.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:04 PM
Why do you think the struts are gonna raise your truck .5" at the 0" or no lift setting?

Old 04-02-2012, 08:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i call tie rods snapping at cornering and cv boots ripping and gushing the grease out

the fact that it's a noob saying it will work (errr cough) makes it all the better, and much more hilarious.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:33 PM
Technical Article Contributor

I have 3" spacers on my 4x4 07 Screw and it's not the prettiest sight in the world. It was easy to get the spacer in, easy to reinstall everything, easy everything. But from the looks of it all (after realizing the big risk I took in lifting the front without a drop bracket and proper lifting hardware), my upper control arm makes contact with the coil under any negative load and my ball joint looks like it's struggling to stay connected like a small t-shirt on a 300lb woman. I also have a buddy with an 05 Screw who got a 3" spacer lift, same thing as mine. Our trucks that we once loved offroading in is pretty much useless with such tall spacers. Coming from someone who's pretty much done the same as you and knows someone who has done the same, you're just asking for trouble doing this lift. Chances are the people you're asking don't know much about this "operation", or are seeking some sort of benefit from you doing such work. But take it from me man, do it right. Keep it no higher than 2.5", or save up for a proper lift. If you're still going to go 3.5" high and such, then don't do any offroading. Knock on wood, but you'll likely end up breaking something.

Old 04-02-2012, 11:36 PM
Suspended
Why do you think the struts are gonna raise your truck .5" at the 0" or no lift setting?
at this point in the thread, since clearly it's going no where good i'm going to compare your post to what came first, the chicken or the egg?

Old 04-03-2012, 02:10 AM
i have a 2.5 inch spacer on top of my fabtech coilovers that are also cranked up like an inch or so.. i have a great ride and have had this set up for like 5 years or so?? idk something like that and my upper joints just went out last month.
so i am sure you could do that same thing without much problem

Old 04-03-2012, 07:08 AM
Originally Posted by thorherc67
i have a 2.5 inch spacer on top of my fabtech coilovers that are also cranked up like an inch or so.. i have a great ride and have had this set up for like 5 years or so?? idk something like that and my upper joints just went out last month.
so i am sure you could do that same thing without much problem
There's a difference between trucks at stock height with no full suspension lift trying to do this, and a truck with a full suspension lift trying to do it. Hence why we say don't do it without going to a full suspension lift.

Quick Reply: Stack 2.5'' spacer with....