Skyjacker SKYF9461KS-N Lift on 2009 + F-150

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 11:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lol no problem. Glad you learned something.

My whole point was not to try and make anyone feel dumb....it was an honest question I had because when I googled "skyjacker (part number) 2011 f150" NO ONE had it installed on theirs, so I thought MAYBE there was a good reason (like fitment, quality, etc.) as to why not. Now that I know that's not the reason and apparently people are ok with wasting 400 bucks just to give their rear axle some unneeded twist, I'm going to go with it. Man are you ever touchy 06yz250...you PMSing or what?

Old 05-01-2012, 12:05 AM
Or some people prefer a no questions asked warranty (BDS) vs Skyjackers which judging by the way it's written on their website is subject to void if you drive on anything other than pavement.

Old 05-01-2012, 07:32 AM
nobody is angry. you just have to ask a question more so then telling folks whats what. Also most of the new members that join with 3 posts dont know what a leveling kit is. And a lot of the guys with 1500+ posts have done a lot of things over the years and are pretty knowledgeable with these f150s. So when you come at another senior member thats trying to suggest something else to you, of course, including myself, are going to get a bit touchy about it. Tooo many newbies come on here and start throwing out all kinds of "already known knowledge" (SEARCH ENGINE) and tell people this and that, and normally only know part of what they are talking about. anyway this dont need to be a soap box anyway. This is what you need to do. Order your kit that you want. Do plenty of research on the product, maybe find out a little more from the manufacturer before you buy it though. I thought skyjacker only had a 4" drop for the crossmember and used spacers up front as well. If so, thats a no go for me right there and thats your reason for not seeing it purchased here as much. I know in the Jeeps the dont recommend skyjacker at all, which is why i sold my first lift . I read over and over how crappy the ride was, but thats a jeep.
Anyway look forward to seeing the finished product. post up some pics later when you get it done.

Old 05-03-2012, 11:40 PM
I understand where you're coming from. I may be a newbie to this particular forum, but I'm not a newbie when it comes to forums/off road/mechanical life in general. I grew up on a farm and ranch doing this kind of stuff all the time...splitting tractors, replacing engines, suspension work, etc, and I still do. I just couldn't believe how many people went with blocks over leafs, that's all...I thought maybe there was a hidden reason that I didn't know about. But after much research (not just from this forum) it looks as if it's cause you're supposed to run 20's, which I'm pretty sure I have a way to get around that.

And the skyjacker lift does use spacers, but I don't really have a problem with that. Honestly I would rather have spacers in the front than blocks in the back...

Last edited by jonbar87; 05-03-2012 at 11:46 PM.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:52 AM
Why do you have to run 20's? You can run smaller wheels if you want, I think down to either 17's or 18's I can't remember what the smallest factory wheel size is for your year range off the top of my head.

And you do realize spacer's will just put your front ball joints at an angle causing increased wear on them and other front suspension components right? So you'd rather do the front wrong? All it means is 6" will be the highest you'll ever be able to go in the front without replacing the kit since it's essentially a 4" bumped up to 6".

Good luck in whatever you choose, your reasoning just doesn't make the most since unless your trying to turn your F150 into a pulling truck.

Old 05-04-2012, 01:55 PM
Old 05-04-2012, 09:46 PM
Originally Posted by pizzaman711
Why do you have to run 20's? You can run smaller wheels if you want, I think down to either 17's or 18's I can't remember what the smallest factory wheel size is for your year range off the top of my head.

And you do realize spacer's will just put your front ball joints at an angle causing increased wear on them and other front suspension components right? So you'd rather do the front wrong? All it means is 6" will be the highest you'll ever be able to go in the front without replacing the kit since it's essentially a 4" bumped up to 6".

Good luck in whatever you choose, your reasoning just doesn't make the most since unless your trying to turn your F150 into a pulling truck.
The skyjacker lift requires 20's, but I'm going to try to get around it.

I only plan on lifting it 4" and not using spacers, so it's the perfect option in my opinion...I think that 6" with 35's looks goofy...plus I want it to be practical and fit in parking garages.

Last edited by jonbar87; 07-09-2012 at 11:44 PM.

Quick Reply: Skyjacker SKYF9461KS-N Lift on 2009 + F-150