BDS 6" with Rancho RS9000XL's?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2012 | 05:01 PM
|
BDS 6" with Rancho RS9000XL's?

Hey Everyone,

I am on the verge of FINALLY putting in my lift kit and ditching the, bad idea, 3" level kit. I was going to go with the Rancho 4" lift as it gives over 5" on 06 150's, however they have been discontinued & no one has them.

I need to keep my stock rims until I can aford new ones, so I've decided on the 6" BDS. My concern with BDS is that it uses a spacer and stock coilover. Can you replace the spacer with the Rancho 9000 shocks? How would you determine the right size?

PS thanks to everyone on here, I'm pretty sure I have read every lift kit post here!

Old 05-11-2012 | 10:40 PM
Originally Posted by Janos150
Hey Everyone,

I am on the verge of FINALLY putting in my lift kit and ditching the, bad idea, 3" level kit. I was going to go with the Rancho 4" lift as it gives over 5" on 06 150's, however they have been discontinued & no one has them.

I need to keep my stock rims until I can aford new ones, so I've decided on the 6" BDS. My concern with BDS is that it uses a spacer and stock coilover. Can you replace the spacer with the Rancho 9000 shocks? How would you determine the right size?

PS thanks to everyone on here, I'm pretty sure I have read every lift kit post here!
I just put a BDS 6" kit on my 06 FX4 and I definitely think you can keep the stock rims. I have 20x9's with a 5.5" BS and they clear easily. The stock 20's are a 6.1" BS and I think wouldnt be a problem.

Now, as to your question...The BDS kit comes in 2 configurations. You can get the 6" strut spacer or you can get the replacement 6" strut like I did. The price is about 500 dollars different but I also got the Fox rear shocks and the driveshaft spacer. I love how mine turned out. The only thing I am worried about is that the 5" rear blocks that come with the kit arent adjusted to correct for the pinion angle. My driveshaft is pulled out about 3/4" and that is with the driveshaft spacer installed. I have the 5.5ft Supercrew so that doesnt help either.

Anyways, If I were you i would talk to your local BDS dealer and go with the replacement 6" struts from BDS. They ride great and since I had 94,000 on my stock struts I figured it was time to replace them anyways.

Oh and I wish I could get pics to upload on here but I have pics on the other forum if you want to see what mine looks like.

Last edited by 06F150CFCT; 05-11-2012 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Grammar
Old 05-21-2012 | 01:44 AM
|
I checked in with Rancho, if I kept the spacer in the lift, then a stock height shock could go in up from, but they don't have 6" shocks for 04-08. That means the rear would not be able to have matching shocks. Any other ride adjustable shocks that are any good & will fit a 6" lift?

Old 05-21-2012 | 11:46 AM
Did you add extra height to the back to keep the rake or did it come with a 6" block? I thought the rancho came with a 4" block so you would only need a shock for 4" of lift in the rear.

Old 05-21-2012 | 12:10 PM
Suspended
Bilsteins!

I wouldn't mess with it though, run with what they give you and then decide before you dump another $500 into it. I was for the most happy with how the bds shocks performed on my 07 on the street. Offroad, the bilsteins were so much better.

Quick Reply: BDS 6" with Rancho RS9000XL's?