Lower bushing issue on Bilstein 5100s

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012 | 09:29 AM
|
Lower bushing issue on Bilstein 5100s

Anyone ever have a bushing go bad on Bilsteins fronts before? I have 5100 ride height adjustables and have a bushing that is shot. I thought I needed to be balljoints with the racket they were making, but it is just the bushing.

Bilstein tells me they have never see it before and will not replace it even though the warranty isnt done on them.

Anyone see this before?

Old 05-18-2012 | 02:08 PM
I ran 5100's in the front and 5150's in the rear, and all four lower bushings went bad. Same thing, they were very noisy, so I had a look and they were all shot. Maybe 30k kms on them. I wasn't interested in wasting my time looking into warranty, so I bought Fox 2.0 rebuildables from Neil,at downsouthmotorsports.com. Way better shock in my opinion, but the price per is larger,too. IMO, you get what you pay for, and I don't think I'll run Bilsteins again.

Old 05-21-2012 | 12:25 PM
Former Sponsor
The bushings run just a few dollars and are easily changeable. Bilstein, to reduce NVH and produce a more user friendly shock, uses rubber mounts. A race shock like a Fox or King will use metal bushings which are less likely to fail.

Quick Reply: Lower bushing issue on Bilstein 5100s