Wheels with positive offset on a lift?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 01:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wheels with positive offset on a lift?

Hey guys, was just curious as to whether or not it would be possible to fit wheels with a positive offset on a 6 inch lift . I'm looking at either the Rough Country or the Zone lift and I'm currently running the V-Tec Raptors which are 17x8 with +25 offset.

Old 06-15-2012, 02:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Both of those companies recommend a wheel with 4.5" backspace or 0 offset. The issues I see are you might run into problems with rubbing on the control arms or rubbing on the frame at full lock.

Old 06-15-2012, 07:37 AM
Yeah that's what I was thinking would happen. Bummer. Just got these wheels two months ago. Looks like it's time to sell 'em haha.

Old 06-16-2012, 09:55 AM
Originally Posted by spencerdrewh
Yeah that's what I was thinking would happen. Bummer. Just got these wheels two months ago. Looks like it's time to sell 'em haha.
You might be alright. Give Zone a call. I talked to a rep on their LIVE CHAT feature on their website and the guy told me I would be able to use my 20x9 wheels with a +12mm offset (5.5"BS) with their kit without problems. RCX said no but I have seen a guy with 5.5" BS wheels with the 6" lift without problems. I just dont know if by me having 20's will make that much more of a difference than you running 17's. It might. Check it out though and give Zone a call. I ended up getting a BDS because I got a straight "yes" from them as well for my wheels fitting. I really liked the Zone kits and since they are made in USA it makes it all the better. Zone and RCX are essentially the same just that RCX is made overseas and Zone is made in Amurrica.

First picture was before I put my EGR flares on so it looks like they stick out a bit more. The new BDS steering knuckles did push my wheels out a bit compared to when I had just the level but still tucked nicely. I can most likely fit 37's with the 6" BDS kit I have since my BS is so high (tucked in the fenders). However, I have 7.5" lift up front now so 37's would be no problem for sure..haha.

Old 06-16-2012, 11:41 AM
The truck looks great man! I'm diggin, that grille! I called Zone and they said it may work but they couldn't make any guarantees. However, due to working at my dad's tire store/mechanic shop when I'm not away at school, I found the Rough Country kit for $1190 total. That's shipping included. Seeing as how I'm going to have more money than I originally thought, since I'll be paying less for the list than I originally planned, I'm going to get a new set of wheels. Just gotta sell my current wheels and tires first.

Old 06-16-2012, 12:52 PM
The truck looks great man! I'm diggin, that grille! I called Zone and they said it may work but they couldn't make any guarantees. However, due to working at my dad's tire store/mechanic shop when I'm not away at school, I found the Rough Country kit for $1190 total. That's shipping included. Seeing as how I'm going to have more money than I originally thought, since I'll be paying less for the list than I originally planned, I'm going to get a new set of wheels. Just gotta sell my current wheels and tires first.
Thanks dude!...Ahhh..gotcha. Yeah that is a smoking deal. I wouldnt pass that up either. Be sure to get the AAL for the rear unless you like the "cali lean". RCX's only lift the rear 3" total and the front about 5"-5.5". Rear end will be sagging a little. If you get the Bilstein front 6" struts instead of the 6" strut spacer then I hear you gain a little height and also the ride is smoother. You can get those at Topguncustomz for about $300 total and you can get the matching rear shocks in a package deal for about $450. Just thought youd like to know some options if you dont already know. Oh and the last thing, you wont be able to add anymore height to your RCX kit down the road unless you do a body lift. You cant add a level kit on top of the RCX kits. Drop down bracketry isnt a full 6" so it will be either impossible to fit the strut back into the right place and then the UCA will hit the coil spring or you will be replacing ball joints and CV's every 10,000 miles because of the extra wear and tear from the severe angles they'd be at. Sorry if you already know all this!!

Good luck and sweet find on the price!

Last edited by 06F150CFCT; 06-16-2012 at 12:53 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 06-16-2012, 04:28 PM
Thanks for the tips on everything! I'm still kind of new on the suspension scene haha. Is the "Cali Lean" where the front sits a little higher than the rear? I want mine to be perfectly level.

Old 06-16-2012, 05:11 PM
Thanks for the tips on everything! I'm still kind of new on the suspension scene haha. Is the "Cali Lean" where the front sits a little higher than the rear? I want mine to be perfectly level.
Yes that is exactly what it is..sorry for the slang phrase. haha. You will definitely need an AAL or a shackle lift then when you put on your RCX.

Old 06-16-2012, 10:43 PM
Haha nah the slang phrase is fine. I just wanted to make sure we had the same thing in mind. Thanks for the heads up that I will need to raise the back up a little bit. I appreciate it.

Old 06-17-2012, 07:48 AM
Haha nah the slang phrase is fine. I just wanted to make sure we had the same thing in mind. Thanks for the heads up that I will need to raise the back up a little bit. I appreciate it.
No problem man. Thats why we are all on here. Good Luck!!

Old 06-17-2012, 08:55 AM
Thanks! Hopefully my Sea Doo will sell today which will cover the lift! Now just to get the wheels and tires sold!

Quick Reply: Wheels with positive offset on a lift?