1998 5-spd reg cab lift kit questions..

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2001 | 06:17 PM
|
1998 5-spd reg cab lift kit questions..

K.. I've been seriously considering a lift kit - nothing extreme because I've got a whopping 4 extra inches of clearance in my garage and I do garage my truck routinely - hate the rain washing the dirt off.

Frst some background:

I just want a body lift - something simple and relatively inexpensive. I've been reading about the RCD, Rancho, and Pro-Comp lift kits and haven't the foggiest which I want.

I've got 245/75 R16 Goodyear MTR's on the truck right now and they've got MILES of tread left so I'm not interested in investing in new tires right now. I want the right amount of lift so that these tires don't start looking too small, but where I -possibly- go up to 31s or at most 33s when I do finally wear these out.

The truck is a 1998, 2WD, reg. cab, 5 speed, 6 cylinder. What should I be concerned with when I go to lift it? I'll be doing the work myself unless someone says it's going to be a royal pain.

So - which lift kit would be best (or best two or three to pick from) for body lift?
Any gotchas I need to watch for, for my truck when I do this?
Anyone else done this that may have pictures of their truck before and after, or even just after (to a similar make truck)?

If you can respond to my email address that'd be GREAT - it's bunchah@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Al

Quick Reply: 1998 5-spd reg cab lift kit questions..