How does your truck ride after you drop it

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2001 | 08:34 AM
|
How does your truck ride after you drop it

Is it a nice ride or is it real rough and you feel everything in the road i was thinking of dropping my truck but would like to know how it will ride and handle thanx

Old 08-29-2001 | 01:49 PM
It probably depends on a lot of things such as how much you lower it, what type of shocks you are using, how you lower it (shackles or hangers in the rear, different leafs, front coil springs, etc.). I did a very conservative 1.5" - 1.75" up front with new Eibach coil springs, and 2" rear shackles with new Bilstein shocks all around. Handles much better. Seems to ride tighter, but certainly not rough, and almost all of the annoying "floating" is gone when going over bumps.

Old 08-29-2001 | 02:38 PM
Alf
I did a 3" drop in the front with coils/shocks and a 5" in the rear with shackles/hangers/shocks, and added 20" wheels and 275/45 rubber to it. To my taste it rides way better than before, I feel the truck has more grip around turns due to the lower center of gravity.

I think the tires have to do a lot too. I mean, if you have rubber bands (as some guys call the really low profile tires) all the bumps will transfer directly to the suspension and to your butt/back.

My $.02...

Alf

Old 08-30-2001 | 11:22 AM
I dropped mine about 3 1/2 inch up front and 4 in the back. It rides sweet. I fell no real change. At slower speeds like in parking lots you fell the speed bumps a bit more but nothing I care about. At high speeds it glids along quite nice. I highly recomend dropping it. It looks so sweet. And it's letting every one know you have a low Rider

Old 08-30-2001 | 10:12 PM
Becareful, you bottom out then you are going to be paying LOTS of $$$$$.

Quick Reply: How does your truck ride after you drop it