RCV ifs axles

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2013 | 10:40 AM
|
Question RCV ifs axles

Anyone installed RCV half axles on their trucks. Really bullet proof and thinking hard about installing as something I can make billet proof that is notorious for failing on our trucks. Any experience out there??

Old 10-25-2013 | 07:13 PM
Do you want longer axles? Do you need longer axles? Honestly if you're just buying them to replace your stocks then its a huge waste. They're expensive last time I checked. What do you need them for?

Old 10-26-2013 | 03:57 PM
Oooohhhhh…those are pretty! If they made them for mine, i'd plop down the money for a set…but that's how I roll!

Old 10-27-2013 | 12:26 AM
Originally Posted by Galaxy
Oooohhhhh…those are pretty! If they made them for mine, i'd plop down the money for a set…but that's how I roll!
They make axles for anything.. custom 930cv joints with custom heat treated chromoly axles. You give them an extended length and a compressed length and bingo. so yes they do make axles for you if that's how you roll..

Old 10-29-2013 | 10:22 AM
|
Looks like they are not out yet. This stuff is really heavy duty and probably over kill for my little bit of off roading. They make really good stuff and are all the talk on the Jeep forums.

Old 10-29-2013 | 03:52 PM
ya definitely not just a upgrade I would get if you were doing normal things. I am ordering a pair in a few months. the 930 High angle cv is really nice. less friction more angle less bind. I'm running heat treated shafts now and I have only broken one due to a bad shaft to begin with. run the stock stuff, they will hold up to a lot more than you think they will trust me. if they shred a boot, or bind then your suspension is off and needs to be addressed accordingly. otherwise you should be fine!

Old 11-04-2013 | 07:48 AM
|
Originally Posted by fnnrNArnner74
ya definitely not just a upgrade I would get if you were doing normal things. I am ordering a pair in a few months. the 930 High angle cv is really nice. less friction more angle less bind. I'm running heat treated shafts now and I have only broken one due to a bad shaft to begin with. run the stock stuff, they will hold up to a lot more than you think they will trust me. if they shred a boot, or bind then your suspension is off and needs to be addressed accordingly. otherwise you should be fine!
Yep....my off roading is very mild. This stuff is for the heavy duty guys who shred rocks all day long!

Old 11-04-2013 | 09:35 AM
Lol ya definitely. I'll end up having a pair soon enough.

Quick Reply: RCV ifs axles