New Purchase 2004 f150 NEED SOME HELP THANKS

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2014 | 01:30 AM
|
New Purchase 2004 f150 NEED SOME HELP THANKS

Hey guys just picked up an 04 f150 with the fabtech coilover lift kit 8 inch lift I believe with 37 inch toyo mud tires the truck is awesome only issue I have is that when driving down the road if I do a quick jerk of the steering wheel left and right it makes a fairly loud "CLANK" pretty much sounds like the word "ClANK" I had 4 wheel parts check out my shocks and the tech said they look good and said just by doing a quick check he couldn't tell what was making the noise. I know its hard for a lot of you guys to give advice without hearing the noise in person but if anyone has had anything like this or any suggestions on what to check id appreciate it thanks

Old 09-29-2014 | 12:04 PM
Well, I think your lift is actually a 6 inch Fabtech with the preload on the coilover cranked up to provide an additional 2 inches of lift. This is very common, but it does increase the ball joint and CV joint angles slightly. Since you mention it is when you move the steering wheel, I'd look at the ball joints and tie rod ends first.

Quick Reply: New Purchase 2004 f150 NEED SOME HELP THANKS