33" E rated tires (shock recommendations please!)

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2014 | 01:41 PM
Former Sponsor
OK
RS5372 (front) RS5234 (rear)
RS99233 (front* be real cool if you could remove the front and to a compress/extend just to confirm 100%) RS999234 (rear)

Originally Posted by cookj
yes, here are the specs...
2003 FX4 Supercrew Lariat
285/65/18 BFG (these tires actually measure 33.062" tall installed)
torsion bar crank to level truck

thanks,

Last edited by Rancho Shocks; 12-04-2014 at 01:49 PM.
Old 12-04-2014 | 02:30 PM
|
Originally Posted by Rancho Shocks
OK
RS5372 (front) RS5234 (rear)
RS99233 (front* be real cool if you could remove the front and to a compress/extend just to confirm 100%) RS999234 (rear)
thanks. yes, if not this evening, tomorrow or saturday i will remove one or both fronts and test and report back. I appreciate the part #s!

Old 12-04-2014 | 02:54 PM
Former Sponsor
Cool! I had to actually reach out to my shock engineer on this one, those are the numbers he suggested.

thanks. yes, if not this evening, tomorrow or saturday i will remove one or both fronts and test and report back. I appreciate the part #s!

Old 12-05-2014 | 10:27 AM
There might not be a shock on the market that will make it ride good with the torsion bars cranked up? I'm not saying that I've never sacrificed ride/comfort for looks before. I was just saying....

Old 12-08-2014 | 07:32 AM
|
Originally Posted by NASSTY
There might not be a shock on the market that will make it ride good with the torsion bars cranked up? I'm not saying that I've never sacrificed ride/comfort for looks before. I was just saying....
Nassty, i'm with you on that. As i wasn't able to over the weekend, i plan to remove one or both front shocks sometime this week to see what kind of shape they are in. If worn out, then replacing could be an improvement. Most likely, I'll just crank the front back down a bit and eventually install the PA body lift so i can continue running these 33s and wheel spacers. spacers

Old 12-14-2014 | 10:12 AM
|
Nassty, i'm with you on that. As i wasn't able to over the weekend, i plan to remove one or both front shocks sometime this week to see what kind of shape they are in. If worn out, then replacing could be an improvement. Most likely, I'll just crank the front back down a bit and eventually install the PA body lift so i can continue running these 33s and wheel spacers. spacers
well, I removed all four shocks and fo

Old 12-14-2014 | 10:41 AM
|
well, I removed all four shocks and fo
sorry, not sure what happened above. anyway, removed all shocks and discovered the fronts were not responsive as well as the driverside rear. Long story short, I bought a set of monroe reflexes and so far very impressed with the ride and handling. Also, I did crank the t-bars down before removing the old shocks and this did soften the ride abit. I appreciate all the feedback guys!

Old 01-11-2015 | 11:53 AM
33" E rated tires

Hello all. I've done some searching but haven't quite found what i'm looking for so looking for a little help. I've got a 2003 FX4 screw with 150K miles. The shocks appear to be the original factory "ranchos". I leveled the truck a couple of months ago and now have a much harsher ride (which i expected). I also have installed E rated BFG's (285-65-18) which has made my driving experience even worse. I want a smoother ride and given what i have provided would like some recommendations. I drive 90% city/hwy and do very little off-roading (deer lease, beach, etc.). Thanks in advance!
I have an 04 f-150 XLT 4x4 supercab with 142k miles.
First I replaced the front struts with monroe quick strut assemblies, (drivers side had a broken spring) then I installed 1.75" over strut spacers to level it. Then installed 33" Iroks on factory 17" wheels. The ride sucked. It was horrible. Still is. I've had them balanced 3 times thinking that was the issue. Recently I bit the bullet and replaced the upper control arms and lower ball joints. During this work I noticed the IWE and hub assembly on the passenger side were slipping the gear and replaced them both. Much better ride! I'm replacing the rear shocks today with monroe load adjusting coil overs. I'll post an update once that's complete and let you know if this takes care of the bed hop

Quick Reply: 33" E rated tires (shock recommendations please!)