what are you using

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2014 | 08:50 PM
|
what are you using

Ok it has been a long time since a dumb question from me. So here goes. So I am thinking about putting new shocks all the way around but I am confused. I don't know if the fronts are just shocks that go through the coils or do I need to buy actual struts? It is a 2006 4wd. Thanks

Old 12-11-2014 | 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by ccfire
Ok it has been a long time since a dumb question from me. So here goes. So I am thinking about putting new shocks all the way around but I am confused. I don't know if the fronts are just shocks that go through the coils or do I need to buy actual struts? It is a 2006 4wd. Thanks
The fronts are strut-specific shocks (with spring-perch facility). You can get replacements with or without springs already mounted.

Rears are normal shocks. Need to specify 2 or 4wd, and lift, etc.

See Bilstein, Rancho, etc. Good vidya: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fT_...ature=youtu.be

Our friendly & helpful Rancho rep is "Rancho Shocks" ... name is Matt. Won't bite

MGD

Last edited by MGDfan; 12-11-2014 at 08:58 PM.
Old 12-11-2014 | 09:18 PM
|
Yeah sorry it is 4wd with a 2.5 inch level in the front. That is what I thought but I didn't know if it was something that you just rebuilt with the old parts.

Old 12-12-2014 | 11:46 AM
Former Sponsor
Talking

Ha! I am pretty patient.

Originally Posted by MGDfan
The fronts are strut-specific shocks (with spring-perch facility). You can get replacements with or without springs already mounted.

Rears are normal shocks. Need to specify 2 or 4wd, and lift, etc.

See Bilstein, Rancho, etc. Good vidya: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fT_...ature=youtu.be

Our friendly & helpful Rancho rep is "Rancho Shocks" ... name is Matt. Won't bite

MGD