Best HD rear shock for towing 2014screw

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2015 | 06:32 PM
|
Originally Posted by Galaxy
Airbags are totally awesome and I certainly have bags, but bags won't address what he's looking for. Although I'll be the first to admit "need" is not always a decision point for me, you certainly don't "need" bags for a 2,500 lb trailer.
Ive had bags on a truck before, twice actually. One with an on board compressor and one without. I really just dont want to deal with the system again. I have the Airless helper bags on the truck that are great, and also have a set of helper springs as well. Between those two I can put a little over a thousand pounds in tongue weight on the truck and keep it level, and they dont in any way effect the truck unloaded.

The trailer itself is 2500 lbs, when loaded down its normally between 6,000 and 8500. Rairly do I get above that.

For the shocks I am just looking for something that will take the daily abuse of a loaded or unloaded trailer bouncing the back end of the truck around.

I burn through the stock rear shocks every 10-15K at max, when I pulled the last set off after 10K they were totally dead.

I need something that will last longer and perform better with and without loads on the truck.

Are the 2013 and 2014 rear shocks the same? Right now I am having a hard time finding much of anything for the 14. I know the fronts are different.

Thanks everyone!

Quick Reply: Best HD rear shock for towing 2014screw