Lowered 2006 Lincoln Mark LT 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2021, 04:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lowered 2006 Lincoln Mark LT 4x4

I lowered my Lincoln Mark LT 4x4 and added 24 inch wheels. They rub sometime on heavy dips on freeways or high speeds. I was going to get Coil Overs and suspension shop said to add stoppers cuz the coil overs would not solve the issue. The stoppers helped a Lil. I was also told that my wheels are the wrong offset cuz they stick out about 1 inch. Could fender flare solve this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciate it Thank you

Old 08-09-2021, 12:38 AM
Global Moderator &
Administrator
Contributor
Super Moderator
Received 135 Likes on 112 Posts
You need to find out exactly where you are rubbing before you can figure out how to fix it

Old 08-13-2021, 11:44 AM
Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts
Your last picture shows how the inner lip is wide and extends back inwards well over the tread of the tire. You lowered the truck to get the fender tlip to hug the tread. You have a to-deep offset too. It rubs because of all this. As the suspension compresses, the control arms are swinging inwards, but that's not enough to get the tire past the lip in your case.

Fender flares will not erase that wide fender lip. Longer bump stoppers just reduce suspension travel. To see all this in real life, drive the truck up on just one ramp in your driveway. Crawl under it and look at clearances on the back side too.

50 years ago the low profile 60 series tires were a new thing, but the cars we drove often had fenders intended for much narrower tires. We had to trim fender lips in cases, some even rolled the fender out to allow the tire to go up behind a lip. One guy replaced his rear shocks with solid steel struts made in his farm shop to get those L60-15 tires under his '55 Chevy with uncut fenders (he undid that pretty quick). Old law says a tire and a fender can't occupy the same space at the same time.

It looks good sitting still though.

Last edited by tbear853; 08-13-2021 at 11:53 AM.
Old 08-13-2021, 06:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thx for the feed back.

The following users liked this post:

Quick Reply: Lowered 2006 Lincoln Mark LT 4x4