2" Body Lift

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2001, 10:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2" Body Lift

Ive got some questions about installing a body lift. Once ive got it on, i know that there will be a gap between the rear bumper and tailgate of my truck. I was wondering if i installed a roll pan, would this gap still be so large? Another question i have is to whether or not that same gap will be found on the front bumper. Any information, pictures, etc. would be great. Thanks

Old 10-29-2001, 10:36 PM
Well I'm not 100% sure how a roll pan would attach to a truck, but if it just bolts to the frame there will still be a gap. If it attaches to the body somehow it should get rid of the gap. Your front bumper will also have a gap in it too. Both bumpers are bolted to the frame and a body lift does exactly what it says. It lifts the body up off the frame so anything thats attached to the frame and not the body will be lower. I know the Preformance Accessories 3" body lift comes with bumper relocation brackets. I think most other good 3" lifts will come with the brackets too. I would look at a 3" since there is a $20 difference or so between the 2" and 3" lifts. Also if you relocate the bumper you can't tow anything with it, you will only be able to use the reciever if you have one.

Old 10-30-2001, 04:13 PM
the pa lift is the one to go with. it does have the bumper raising brakets included. did mine a couple of weeks ago and it looks good. no gaps

Old 10-30-2001, 04:16 PM
what size tires should i use? 33's?

Old 10-30-2001, 07:26 PM
I'm assuming its a 4x4. If you go with the 3" lift you can run up to 35" tires. I think that those look better than the 33" tires. If you do a 2" lift I don't think you'll have the room to run 35s.

Old 10-30-2001, 08:20 PM
Ok, so with a body lift comes gaps in the front and back.. The body lift should come with a front bumper relocater so im told. And a roll pan bolts on to the body, not the frame so ill cover the gap on the back. If i relocate the front bumper, does that mean im going to lose my front tow hooks? Another question ive got is whther a 3 inch body lift would show off to much of the undercarriage.

Old 10-31-2001, 04:24 PM
also would it make a gap between the reciever hitch and and the body? and will we need to install longer brake lines?

Old 11-01-2001, 04:28 PM
ive got the 3 inch performance accesories lift. it has front and back brackets to raise the bumpers. the tow hooks stay in the same place since they are bolted to the frame. had to trim around the lower valance under the bumper. ive got 35's on mine,but had to trim the valance at the end of the bumper. didnt have to change any brake lines, anything that needs to lengthend come with the pa kit. it has bumper brakerts,gas filler tube,shifter extention[auto trans and 4x4 floor shift] you cannt see to much of the frame but am going to paint or under coat mine anyway. you should also get some lift lips. the cover the gap you see over your tires from raising the truck. ill post pictures as soon as i get them back. good luck

Old 11-02-2001, 01:24 AM
here is pic of my truck with a 3inch body lift click on the link to see some more pics

Old 11-03-2001, 12:09 AM
well everyone has been a great help, i think im gonna go with 35's for tires. Hopefully they will fit ok and look good to.

Old 11-07-2001, 04:31 PM
hæ there . you can put your 35" under with out lifting it. you can see mine hopefully in this link.

link.http://www.f150world.com/mygallery.asp?id=772

Old 11-08-2001, 11:39 AM
I have the PA 2" body on my F150 and it does come with a front bumper bracket to lift it back up. However, it does not come with one for the rear. I bought a liftlip for the rear and it covers it just fine. I did consider the roll pan but I have seen some where it mounts to the frame. Another option is to get a welder to refit the rear bolts so that the bumper fits correctly or weld on a custom bracket.

Old 11-08-2001, 10:20 PM
the reason they probably didnt send you the rear bumper relocater is because of the risk you run. If you raise your bumper you leave a variety of fragile things exposed. One fender bender could really mess you up, so to avoid lawsuits, PA lets you find your own way to raise the bumper.

Old 11-09-2001, 12:01 PM
That is most likely true about PA not providing the rear bumper relocater. The main reason why I did not get the 3" lift is because I would have to cut off part of the frame behind the front bumper to fit it back on. Also, I did not like the idea of using the provided brackets for the heavy rear bumper. I figured that it would be safer to get a welder for modifications or do the $10 liftlip; the liftlip was much cheaper.

Old 11-09-2001, 04:20 PM
pa does send the rear bumper brackets for the 3 inch lift. i didnt have to cut any of the front frame either.

Quick Reply: 2" Body Lift