r6racer and anyone else - Need To Talk About Installing A 3" Body Lift

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2001 | 07:41 PM
|
Smile r6racer and anyone else - Need To Talk About Installing A 3" Body Lift

Well, my friend with a 4x4 supercrew is going in on Wednesday for a 5" suspension lift which would put him taller than me. I feel obligated to lift mine higher, but I dont have the money for the expensive install of a body lift. r6racer, you said that it only took you 6.5 hours and I was wondering if you could give me some information. I was planning on doing the install myself with the help of a few buddies. Anything I should look out for? Pointers? Anyone have a copy of the instructions they could send me? Thanks a bunch.

Red067@swbell.net

Old 11-06-2001 | 03:42 PM
a little avdice

Do you have access to air tools? This cuts down installation time alot. Also make sure you have every tool that you will need(and enough beer) before you get started.It took me and 3of my buddies 10 hrs to install a body lift on a 99 f150 4x4.I thinkwhat slowed us down th emost was the trips to the store for tools and beer(we had air tools),but there were a few other things that we needed. All in all, I would say it isn't that hard, it just takes time and patience.All the little things add up to take lots of time.

Good Luck

Old 11-06-2001 | 04:55 PM
use the search function. Been discussed before.

Old 11-06-2001 | 05:14 PM
I have the instructions to the PA 3in lift. Post your email or send me one at thomaswright5714@hotmail.com

Old 11-09-2001 | 01:27 AM
i know the 4.6l use a bracket for the tranny where mine didnt need anything. the cable just slid through. that might add some time. i took out the front seat so i could get under the dash a little easier for the steering extension. since you already have a 6" suspension lift, make sure you have enough 4x4 blocks so you can get enough lift out of your jack. i got mine lifted up and the jack topped out about 1" too short. i didnt even use 2 jacks. my brother lifted the bed by hand as i lifted the cab with a jack. the bed is so light it was no problem. the fan shroud in mine was a little bit time consuming. we had to dremel some corners off so that it would lower over some of the hoses but no big deal. the rear bumper sucked because you have to drill holes into think metal so make sure you have a good bit. the instructions are pretty good and i dont think they left out much. just keep an eye on wires and hoses when you lift it. go slow and check frequently to ensure nothin is pulling or pinching. good luck. mitch

Quick Reply: r6racer and anyone else - Need To Talk About Installing A 3" Body Lift