How's the ride?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2001, 10:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation How's the ride?

Hey Everyone,
I was just wondering how the ride is on trucks that have been raised. I've got a '00 4X4 and I am thinking about putting a 3-4" raise on it but I dont want the quality of the ride to be compromised by raising it. I think that the 4X4's have surprisingly good suspensions, I mean its not really that bad as far as being bumpy. My wife and I travel to Colorado a few times per year and I want it to be a comfortable road trip but I also want to be higher. Can anyone help?

Old 11-15-2001, 10:35 AM
Thumbs up

As you can see from my sig, my truck is lifted. The ride is still surprisingly good. The only thing that I have noticed is the ride is a little bit more bouncy now but not much. All in all, I have no complaints about the ride at all. Hope this helps a little.

Bob

Old 11-15-2001, 01:12 PM
How much did you pay for all that? I mean the body lift and the suspension lift. Did you do the work yourself of have it done? Sorry for the 20 questions but I was just needing to figure out the total cost, ya know.

Old 11-16-2001, 09:33 PM
With 35's and below theres a greater range of radials to choose from so the ride stay's pretty close to the same but with a few little bounces. When you get into over 35's it's have to find good looking aggresive radials so you have to goto something like a 6-ply tubeless like I have. You almost don't wanna go over 70 or go on a interstate with tires like mine for instance. 315's would be a good size for you to go with, just get a good radial tire. Hope this helps.

-Kelly

Old 11-17-2001, 12:34 AM
How do you even get up into that thang!? LOL!!:-)

Old 11-17-2001, 07:25 AM
I'm 6'5" so it's just a matter of getting that right foot on the nerf bar, left hand on the door, right hand on the seat, it's as easy as that.

-Kelly

Old 11-17-2001, 08:58 AM
Smile

I had all the work done at my local 4 Wheel Parts store. I did have them install everything because I couldn't have my truck down for the amount of time it would have taken me to do it. All together with both lifts installed, upgrading from RS5000's to RS9000's, new tires and wheels and the balancing and alignment it came to about $4500 out the door. Kinda pricey but I love the way my truck looks now. Luckily I have an understanding wife and the lift and tires was her wedding present to me. Can't beat that!!!

Bob

Old 11-17-2001, 09:36 AM
I spent $1500 on parts and did the install myself. It rides a little stiffer due to the heavy duty springs and the RS5000 shocks. The biggest difference in ride though is when i put the bias ply Super Swampers on. It bounces, and vibrates, and hums, it definitely rides like a truck. I wouldn't want to drive it cross country or anything but the good looks and offroad functionality make up for the rough ride.

-Jon

This picture is from before the body lift, the wheel wells have much more space now!

Quick Reply: How's the ride?