Drop Kit Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2001, 11:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Drop Kit Question

I saw an add in Trucking magazine for a 3/4 drop kit for 97+ F150, for only $189. It comes with springs, shackles, and hangers(no shocks though). I was wondering if this was a good deal or what? Also wondering why it was so much cheaper than the other kits I've seen?
Another question I saw it mentioned in one add that with the 3/4 kit it was suggested that you get a alignment kit. Did they mean alignment or is there some sort of kit that corrects the front end geometry?

Any help would be great, Thanks

Old 12-08-2001, 09:00 PM
Ive got a 3/4 drop on my2001 ext cab, The alignment piece there talking about (with a 3/4 drop your truck needs twodiff kits one for the front and one for the back) The front comes from the factory with non adjustable caster and camber you can get this from your local parts store or from N.A.P.A you need two per side it just replaces the two top bolts in the upper controll arm, Put them in when you do the coil spring install saves you a little money then having the front end alignment shop do it . The rear end needs to have a 4 or 6 degree shim installed to correct the drive shaft angle. they go between the axel and leafspring. Hope this helps ya.

Old 12-08-2001, 11:55 PM
You get what you pay for. Who makes the kit? If it's AIM, think twice. Their parts aren't very beefy. Compare to Western Chassis product:
http://www.sporttruckdirect.com/supera-arms.html
Check out their kits.

Old 12-10-2001, 12:01 PM
Sundog7 the drop kit is made by Chasis Tech are they any good?
thanks for the help.

Old 12-10-2001, 02:11 PM
Drop Kit

i have the ground force 3" - 4" drop kit on my screw with the shocks very nice kit installed as per the instructions
you will need the ajuster kit but most alignment shops have them in stock i think i paid $30.00 for the kit and they get you to install it as it is a fair amount of labor
good luck
biged

Old 12-10-2001, 10:41 PM
I was going to go with Chassis Tech until I researched Western Chassis, and had a talk with the boys down at the shop. The difference is remarkable. And I think Chassis Tech is made by AIM/DJM, but I could be mistaken. Perhaps someone can say for sure. Compare any two pieces, and it just wasn't a contest for me. You might also consider the Deutsch (sp?) shocks as well. Finding a excellent drop shok was difficult. I saved my pennies: I didn't want to settle for something less expensive because I was on a budget. I waited. Glad I did.

Old 12-11-2001, 09:15 AM
Talking

Thanks for the info. guys. I think I'm gonna go with the Western Chassis

Old 12-11-2001, 04:54 PM
I have a chassis tech 3/4 kit on order. I will let you know when it comes in and I get it on. I had a ground force kit on a Previous truck that worked very well. thought I would try to save a little cash this time. I have a friend with a chassis tech arm and flip kit on a 2001 lightning and he is very happy with and told me he would buy again in a heartbeat. So who knows I will let you know what happens.

Old 12-11-2001, 11:43 PM
Thumbs up Belltech

I have the Belltech 3/4 drop on my truck, which I'm reallly satisfied with! All the parts were good quality and I've had no problems so far. The whole kit was about $300 without shocks. I've also heard good things about Western Chassis. AIM on the other hand, I hear sucks quality wise.

Quick Reply: Drop Kit Question