WhipLash and Full Throttle Lifts??

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2001, 12:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WhipLash and Full Throttle Lifts??

I was in town last weekend and my friend has a 2001 Chevy 1500 with a 6 inch superlift...his truck is high, and looks good..

anyways this ol boy comes in in a 2000 Ford F-150 and has a 6 inch whiplash kit, and his truck sits higher than my buddies, they has the same size tires also...since they are cousins lol...

why do whiplash and full throttle kits always look higher than other brands even on chevys they look higher???

I have seen pics of the full throttle kits and the trucks look great, but some of my buddies on other forums and some of my friends say that whiplash and full throttle kits are only for show and not serious off roading...

I see 2-3 people here have these kits...whats ur opinions? any pictures of these kits on trucks doing some mudding????

Thanks

Old 12-06-2001, 03:54 PM
I'm not completely sure, but I don't think Whiplash makes a 6 inch lift for the F-150's. I do know that they make a 10 inch suspension lift. This is probably what your buddy had and it is HUGE. I dunno though, you'd have to ask him.

Old 12-06-2001, 07:47 PM
Whiplash also used to have an 8" lift as well. Personally I think lifting an IFS that high pretty much takes care of any offroading. The main reason for lifting a truck that high is to fit bigger tires. Well after you match tires to the lift you will have problems with your CVs not being strong enough. If you put on a 10" Whiplash you could fit 38s on it easily. Well I've seen 38s snap the stock driveshafts in dana 44s constantly. My advice don't waste your money on lifts like that unless you like being a poser running the streets. Besides for the money of a 10" Whiplash you could damn near do a straight axle swap and have a heck of a lot better setup for offroading in the end.

Old 12-06-2001, 08:04 PM
Whiplash only makes a 5" and 10" for the '97-present F-150's. A 5" lift is a 5" lift, I do not see why it would sit higher than another lift of the same caliber. As for the CV joints and driveshaft's, mine are holding up pretty well with some pretty aggresive off-roading under their belt. 38's can fit with the 10" by itself, but with a 3" body you can fit 42's, which will be my next tire most likey. I'm offended by your little "poser" comment powerstroke73, I doubt you have the right to label people you know nothing about, think before you open your mouth. Take it easy fellas.

-Kelly

Old 12-06-2001, 09:11 PM
The firend stopped by and he said its a 5 inch whiplash lift and a 3 inch body lift.... so thats a 8 inch lift?

It doesnt look like a body lift though......but he said thats what it is.

Old 12-08-2001, 04:58 AM
The reason why is cause the stock Ford 4x4 sits higher than a stock Chevy 4x4.

Last edited by StevensBlack4x4; 12-08-2001 at 05:00 AM.
Old 12-11-2001, 04:38 AM
Whiplash makes a 5" and 10" suspension lift for Ford. They make 6", 8", and 10" suspension lifts for chevys. You can add a 3" body lift to any suspension lift for 3 more inches...therefore you could have a 5", 8", 10" or 13" for Fords if you want. I want to say the used to offer a 8" suspension only for Fords...but i can't seem to find that info anywhere, so maybe i was just seeing the chevy stuff. but anyways. Raising an IFS that much seems risky, and puttin huge meats on those axles seems like it would overload it...but i've seen people snap 8.8" axles with 35s and ive seen 8.8" axles with 39s hold up plenty. If you can, you might want to look into traction bars, i hear they help a lot with that axle torqueing problem with larger tires. But anyways, hope this helps.
www.whiplashsuspensions.com
is where you can find stuff about their lifts. They arent cheap, but they seem to be working darn well, i hear more and more success stories, and less and less horror stories...actually i havent heard a horror story from them yet...anyways.

Quick Reply: WhipLash and Full Throttle Lifts??