The NEW F150 body style...?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2001, 03:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The NEW F150 body style...?

So anyways, i was just thinking, after reading some posts about the new dodges, what the new F150 will look like. Unfortunately I think they will follow the new explorer design. The reason i say this is that i saw pics of the future expys and they look like a big brother of the current newest body style explorer. Following the fact that the f150 and expy are very similiar in the front fascia, i believe it might be a dark future for the F150 if it follows the expy as i've seen. not because it looks bad, because its not aggressive AT all. But i really hope i'm wrong. Oh well, just thought i'd start up a thread...comments?

Old 12-10-2001, 01:20 PM
Hmm dark times indeed. I have a feeling they are going that way too. 2003 and up might be bad. very bad.

Old 12-10-2001, 04:10 PM
Do you guys have any pics or spy photos of the new ford f-150! where can I see a pic of this expy that you talk about?

Old 12-10-2001, 04:39 PM
Well, after re-reading the original post I'm assuming you were talking about the explorers when you referred to expys.

Old 12-10-2001, 09:38 PM
nope, i actually meant explorer. You know how the new explorers are more cut off in the front, but kinda look like baby expys? Well the new expys are supposed to have that more boxed off design, except bigger. And since the F150 usually follows the expy (or vice-versa) i might be gettin a dodge in the future. The lights still look like bugs and the front is way to big for the size, but i'm thinkin with a lift and some big meats, it'll look damn good. Either that or an F250, i imagine those will not follow any look that tones the aggressive-ness down. I'll look for a pic...i saw one once in a mag...

Old 12-10-2001, 09:55 PM
The current Explorer I speak of looks like this:

The future Expy is supposed to just be like this but bigger.

Therefore, i was assuming future F150s might have this same front fascia. And although it looks nice. Its not aggressive enough

Old 12-11-2001, 09:56 AM
Most people said the same thing about the current body style of fords when they came out. I heard people telling me they looked like cars or like the tundra's. But I liked it from the first moment I saw the first picture. I think that when the new Ford's come out in 2003 or 2004 (2004 is what I saw) then all of us will want one and I trust ford to make a aggressive and good looking truck. Just look how much more aggressive the '99 and newer look compared to the '97 and 98'. Just my $.02.

Old 12-11-2001, 10:21 AM
next one will have to be a super duty nothing tougher looking on the road.
except possibly peterbilt

Old 12-11-2001, 10:42 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here are a couple of pictures of the 2003 Expedition:

From the Car Connection site: "Now that the 2003 Ford Expedition’s been confirmed for its Detroit Auto Show debut in January, we thought you’d like to see what Ford has wrought for its megacruiser. Looking much like an overgrown Explorer, this 2003 Expedition was caught while undergoing hot weather testing in the desert this summer. Sporting new front and rear styling and an independent rear suspension, the ’03 Expedition will begin arriving in dealerships in late spring. Engines are expected to be slightly updated and a 4.5-liter V-6 diesel option will likely be offered"

Sounds like we will all know exactly what it will look like in another month.

Old 12-11-2001, 10:56 AM
those were the exact pics i was looking for. I just hope the new 150s dont look like that. Cause, its nice, but not aggressive enough. I'll lean chevy if they do for my next truck.

Old 12-11-2001, 12:10 PM
I would say that it is about 99% sure that the F-150's will look exactly like that since the Expy and F-150 are the same know and will probably always be the same.

I kind of like it but then I like the Explorers. I like the new edge styling in place of the bubble-curved look.

Old 12-11-2001, 12:20 PM
I also like the how they sharpened the lines on the explorer so that is why I am kinda looking forward to the new design. The new mustang have a much more aggressive look and all they did was square up the lines on it compared to the mid 90's models.

Everybody needs to calm down and think that if you want a tough yet comfortable truck by a FORD. Me and my family have owned alot of FORD's and they are by far the best built trucks on the road. Thank about this the next time you drive your FORD could you totally enjoy a Chevy or a Dodge more?

Old 12-11-2001, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by CodeBlue
Just look how much more aggressive the '99 and newer look compared to the '97 and 98'. Just my $.02.
Just out of curiosity, what is it about the 99 and up models that you consider to be so much more aggressive? The grill is a different pattern, but in my opinion certainly no better looking or aggressive looking at all. The reverse light in the tail lights is in a different position, which I actually like, but again certainly wouldn't consider it to be more aggressive looking. Other than that the only difference on the body i'm aware of is the wheels and tires, which I guess is a matter of opinion, but personally I don't care for. (I think the old 17" wheels and Goodyear tires they put on the STX's and the 4x4's are considerably better looking then those new wheels with the BFGoodrich tires they put on the "Sports.") So what is it i'm missing?

Old 12-11-2001, 02:16 PM
The larger grill area especially the XLT with the painted grill. The grill dips lower into the bumper resulting in a different bumper also. The '97 and '98 have the grill flat at the bottom. I have had people commit the '99 and newer just have a more aggressive look from the front becuse of the grill. I have had a '97, 2000 and now a 2001 and by far the new grill desgin is the best yet on these trucks. I am just looking forward to even the next look. Ford always seem to out do itself.

Old 12-12-2001, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by CodeBlue
The larger grill area especially the XLT with the painted grill. The grill dips lower into the bumper resulting in a different bumper also. The '97 and '98 have the grill flat at the bottom. I have had people commit the '99 and newer just have a more aggressive look from the front becuse of the grill
I guess I'll have to pay attention! I've got the XLT with the painted grill, and could of sworn with the exception of the honeycomb pattern to the grill that they were identical!

Last edited by STX/98; 12-12-2001 at 11:46 AM.

Quick Reply: The NEW F150 body style...?