Lightning Drop Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2001 | 02:26 PM
|
Lightning Drop Question

I have been looking at drop kits for my lightning and I was wondering what I need. I have looked at kits like the Bell Tech 3/4" drop and the ground pounder. Do you need to install anything else besides these kits like caster cambers or anything? Any feedback would be awesome. Thanks guys!

Old 12-18-2001 | 10:21 PM
if all you want is a mild drop,ground force has a kit that does not cost alot. you can get it from truck performance .com, I got one a couple of weeks ago and my buddy got one a week before that . I paid 127.00 for the kit. it gives you drop coils for the front and shackles for the back. looks real good and you can still use your factory shocks, although they recomend any time you lower a truck you should replace the shocks two. if you go any lower it starts costing ya. If I rememer ill get the part no. off the box tomorrow.

Old 12-18-2001 | 10:33 PM
Oh, one more thing when you put the front coils in you need to install adjustable caster and camber bolts. all they are is a replcement bolt for the top two a arm bolts. they come with shims you can get them at your local napa store ill get the part no. for them too. it will save you a little money at the front end alignment shop if you put them in when you lower the truck. Its a standard part for these trucks the trucks come factory with a non ajustable bolt.

Last edited by mr2x75; 12-19-2001 at 11:39 AM.

Quick Reply: Lightning Drop Question