Noisy leaf springs?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2001 | 04:40 PM
|
Noisy leaf springs?

I have a 2001 L with 3100 or so miles, check my sig if its been updated enough. Well, the problem is when I get out of my truck, drive around, whenever it moves, the leaf springs make a sound, (pronounce this *greeeicha*), it kinda sounds like that alllll the time. I sprayed wd40 on them and it went away for a week, and now its back worse then before, this shouldnt be happening right? What should I do?

Old 12-18-2001 | 05:56 PM
I'm having the exact same problem. The noise began after I added a leaf to the rear springs. After taking it back I was told the rubber bushings should have been replaced but were not. I'm going to take it in as soon as I have time. A friend suggested I use urethane (spelling) bushings. He said these are the best and will elliminate the squeaking.

Old 12-18-2001 | 09:01 PM
Mine does it to. The problem is during assembly they used a lubricant on the rubber bushings on the leafs instead of water. The lube doesnt evoprate and the leaf slides ofer and makes contact with the hanger. My dealer said they would replace both sides under warrenty. I just havn't had it in to get it done yet.

Old 12-24-2001 | 07:25 AM
Unhappy

Happens to me all the time. I spray some lube (the thicker the better) from time to time to eliminate the greeeeching sound. Usually it will help for a couple of months.

Old 01-09-2002 | 09:48 AM
Originally posted by JMTruck
Happens to me all the time. I spray some lube (the thicker the better) from time to time to eliminate the greeeeching sound. Usually it will help for a couple of months.
Your fix handles a greeeeching sound, but
the original poster wanted to know how to fix a greeeicha sound. That probably calls for an entirely different remedy. <G>

Old 01-11-2002 | 09:32 AM
Both noises are in the same family. Usually same fix.

Old 01-11-2002 | 01:57 PM
Anyone know how hard it would be to install urethane leaf spring bushings? Or what a good price to install them would be?

Quick Reply: Noisy leaf springs?