blocks

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2002 | 02:03 PM
|
blocks

my friend wants to lower the back of his truck about 1 to 2 inches. can he do this with blocks? ive never used them, but i figured if you put them between the axle and the leaf spring, that theyll lift the truck. how can you put them to lower the truck? his rearend is under the leafsprings, does he have to put it on top of the springs? i looked at the box they come in in an auto parts store and they dont bring any instructions, but they say theyre for lifting or lowering. how do you install them to lower the truck? thanks!

Old 01-11-2002 | 03:39 PM
To use the blocks for lowering the suspension has to be set up so that the leaf springs mate to the bottom of the axle instead of the top. There are a few trucks that are setup like this, mostly older compact trucks. On any other vehicle you would have to weld new spring mounts to the bottom of the axle and change around a whole bunch of other stuff. He would be better off buying a complete lowering kit instead of those universal kits at the parts stores.

-Jon

Old 01-11-2002 | 04:22 PM
|
could he move his axle so its on top of the springs? what could be the downside of this? thanks!

Old 01-12-2002 | 09:38 PM
Yes, he can if he welds new spring mounts to the bottom of the axle. He would also need to use square u-bolts instead of the rounded ones.

-Jon

Old 01-12-2002 | 09:56 PM
Post Factory blocks

Most trucks, I know mine has them, have blocks from the factory that are two to three inches high. To lower a truck, you can remove these blocks and put other ones in or just leave them out. I don't know if that is what the blocks for lowering meant but that's all I can think of.

Quick Reply: blocks