3" Body Lift Safety

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2002 | 05:32 PM
|
Question 3" Body Lift Safety

I am looking into putting a 3" Body lift on my 2001 Supercrew 4x2. How much does this compromise the safety of the truck, say in an accident. Am I going to be pretty much throwing all safety out the window? Any comments would be helpful.

PS: I already have a 3.5" Suspension lift....but I wat to fit 35" Tires.

Old 02-07-2002 | 12:54 AM
My previous truck was also an F150, a 97. It had a 3 inch body lift with Fabtech's 6 1/2 lift, weld wheels and 35 inch BFG's. I got in a wreck one Saturday morning on the freeway, hit a car that lost control then slammed into the side guard "rail" at about 40 mph. Thanks to the air bag, no major damage to me. But when I inspected the truck, which was totalled, all the body lift bolts held in place. The frame bent and the body just went along with it. Now your bumpers, especially your front one, probably won't afford the same protection as before, but it never really did and with a lift, it's probably just going to hit someone's back window instead. But to answer your question with my opinion, I don't consider the body lift an issue at all. Installed right, you shouldn't have any safety problems. I now have a 99' and have done all the same mods plus more.

Last edited by G Patricio; 02-07-2002 at 01:00 AM.

Quick Reply: 3" Body Lift Safety