Traction Bar Help ?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2002, 10:16 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
98SCREAMER, I think the ones in the picture you're showing are not the particular ones for the trucks. Those look like the ones for cars that have the axle bolted on over the springs. Those bars bolt on under the spring and replaces the lower steel clamp piece. You'll notice that in the pic the little tab with the hole is intended for the lower shock mounting stud.

The axle on our trucks have the axle bolted on under the springs. That's why the ones that mr2x75 is showing have the risers on them, it's to clear the axle tubes. I wish the truck ones had the retainer next to the snubber like the car ones. That also helps to keep the axle from twisting the opposite direction under hard braking and decceleration.

mr2x75, you say that those bars reach all the way to underneath the spring's eye? Were you able to set the distance between the snubber & the eye without shims?

Old 10-18-2002, 09:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did have to use shims but they come with the bars they are just a flat piece of metal with two holes drilled in them they go between the riser and the spring and the bolts go thru them. they are diff. widths so be carefull when you install.

Dale

Quick Reply: Traction Bar Help ?!