great...now what.......

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2002 | 02:51 PM
This was in an e-mail response I received from Ford a few days ago about my truck not being included in a recall but developing exactly the same problem. I told them that I couldn't justify purchasing a new Ford until I've been reimbursed for fixing their problems.

You can see that quality and customer satisfaction are not their #1 priority

quote:

At Ford Motor Company, we consider the satisfaction of our customers as one of our most important objectives. If you have any other inquiries or concerns, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to address them.

Thank you for contacting Ford Motor Company.

Sincerely,
Jacqueline
Ford Motor Company
Customer Relationship Center

Ford is right now being run by accountants. The trouble with this is that they are not true business people. They can only see what is right in front of them at the moment. There is no room in their little, bean counting brains to philosophize. All they can see is that if they give me $1200.00 now, they will have that much less. They don't see that I have bought or leased at least one new Ford every 3 years for the past 10 and will continue to for the next 40 years, if I'm satisfied.

There was an internal Ford memo at Blue Oval News yesterday. It was from a factory engineer, telling the Executives to stop fighting the 3.8L lawsuits and just fix the customer's problem because they are going to lose every one of the suits.

In another example, I sent e-mails to some other members, asking them to contact Ford about the problems with recall 99B29. One of the responses I received stated simply: "I traded mine in on a Dodge. That solved my problem."

It's too bad but I'm sure very common.

Old 10-28-2002 | 08:03 PM
|
sigh...

i've created a monster...any way it's fixed...i'm happy...and no one got hurt

Old 10-29-2002 | 09:01 AM
AjRagno:

Next time you need to include the complete response. Here is the one you posted:

"quote:

At Ford Motor Company, we consider the satisfaction of our customers as one of our most important objectives. If you have any other inquiries or concerns, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to address them.

Sincerely,
Jacqueline
Ford Motor Company
Customer Relationship Center"

Here is the complete response, maybe they didn't send you the rough draft???

"At Ford Motor Company, we consider the satisfaction of our customers as one of our most important objectives

(prior to taking the money out of your pocket, after which time we could give a sh*t about yours or anyones else's problem. We are in the business of making a TON of cash and fooling as many people as we can. Did you not have a nice waiting area to wait in? Did we not have a soda at a discount price in our dealership? Well there you go.)

If you have any other inquiries or concerns,

(God we hope not because your wasting our damn time)

please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to address them.

(After we have finished counting all the money you have spent with us, and seeing our money grow, laughing how we screwed you and many others. God life and big business is fun. Anyhow we will address them, send them to the bathroom, and use it as toliet paper for our lower employees. Hey they need something to wipe their *** with and we aint about to go spending money on sh*t paper when we have so much paper coming in from good paying customers.)

(What did you want from us? New information on 2004 F150? Ok we will be sending that right out to you)

Sincerely,

(Thanks for your money)

Jacqueline
Ford Motor Company

Fu*k More Consumers

Customer Relationship Center"

(Customer money Depoist Center)

How's that???

Old 10-31-2002 | 02:35 AM
Well, thanks for the tip. I have a 97 and need to check that. My cruise stopped working but my taillights and shifter still work so I do not think the stoplight switch is the problem.

Old 10-31-2002 | 07:20 AM
KYB -

It might be, if it was shorting just enough that it turned your cruise off.

Old 11-01-2002 | 02:45 AM
Nop, that wasn't the problem but I did fix it. Seems that the sensor on the front of the master cylinder was busted and was soaked with brake fluid. Replaced and all is fixed. Quick and cheap, took me 5 minutes to replace and cost $18. Cruise now works fine. Thanks for the help and ideas though.

Old 11-01-2002 | 10:14 AM
|
KY...you made me think....

i was driving to my favourite dove spot and my cruise would'nt come out when i touched the brake..it did'nt do again after that...but it makes me think...thanks..i'd hate to come upon a situation and the cruise did'nt kick out and i'm still propelling at 70 MPH...18 bucks huh?..."if in doubt,change it out"

Old 11-01-2002 | 05:00 PM
well if that happens there is a button on the steering wheel that says OFF ............

Old 11-01-2002 | 10:26 PM
|
isn't that next to the one....

that say's"holy sh!@"...J/K :-P

Old 11-02-2002 | 03:52 AM
Sorry I made you think. I know how straining that can be sometimes... J/K, LOL. No hard feelings?

If it only did it once I wouldn't worry about it. As in my case you could tell the sensor was bad as there was brake fluid seeping from the electrical connector at the top. Must have been given a constant signal to deactivate as crusie would never even set. I would hope if it goes bad while driving it would deactivate the crusie and not make it stick ON. You might check it, I know the switch down by the pedal deals with crusie too, check it also.

Speaking of hunting, I was just out today putting on the last touches of my new deer stand. Put a swivel boat seat, and ply wood sides on it with a swinging door. When we hunt, we hunt in comfort. We have a 20 ft tower built with an old office chair and kerosene heater that we have killed many a deer from. Sorry, just can't wait for deer season.

Quick Reply: great...now what.......