Towing & Hauling

Towing Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2004, 10:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Towing Mirrors

I'm getting ready to purchase a small Airstream travel trailer and I'm wondering what is the best mirror option for the F150.

I saw in one of the threads elsewhere that someone has "extendable" mirrors on his F150?? Has anyone seen such an option? I'm not too impressed with some of the clip on mirrors I've seen advertised.

Jayhawker
KingRanch Supercrew
5.4 V-8 with towing package

Old 02-05-2004, 11:28 PM
I used these on my 99. They worked very well. Lucerix X mount mirrors. The site is still active, but dont know what the current problem is with them. www.automirrorsource.com

I got them about 2 yrs. ago, my neighbor bought my 99 and still has it. The mirrors are ok and no problems. They do slide out about 4 + in. They were a very good quality, but not cheap. Another one made by Bstop, maybe at www.summitracing.com

The install was not hard. Remove old ones, and new ones fit right in place. They are bigger, but sure gives a nice rear view.

Not sure if this # still good, but was for lucerix x mount 1-800-295-3703

Good luck...OT

Old 02-06-2004, 07:27 AM
I tried some of the clip-on types also and ended up getting rid of all of them and went with the ford mirror extensions. Bought them at the dealership but I don't recall what I paid for them.

They slide over the existing mirror and fit perfectly. They are padded on the inside and installation is simple. Been towing our TT for almost three years now and not a single scratch on any surface. Might be worth at least a look-see.

Old 02-06-2004, 10:11 AM
Thank You for the replies, I will check out both leads.

Jayhawker

Old 02-20-2004, 08:50 PM
sly
I second rksylves.

Mine new from Ford where $115/cdn but I bought them used (like new) on EBay for $40/cdn. They do come available on a regular basis on Ebay you might want to check that out. Save a few $$$ for other toys!!

sly

Quick Reply: Towing Mirrors