Towing & Hauling

2004 F-150 Brake Harness Hookup

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 08:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 F-150 Brake Harness Hookup

Has anyone installed the brake controller hookup themselves. I have prewired the brake controller (Drawtite Activator III) and put the fuse in the box already, now all I need to know is where under the dashboard to connect the brown wire that is on the harness. If you could give me some help I would appretieate it.

Thanks,
Mark

Old 02-08-2004, 08:46 PM
Hi Mark

Did you figure it out? If so good, if not.....

Not sure if this is what your asking, but if you have the OEM tow pkg, seems to me there should be a BC harness tucked up under the dash. BC pig tail in bag in glove box?

If you have the correct plug (pig tail) on BC, it should plug right into plug under dash. Not sure what you mean by one wire to hook up, there's more than that.

Good luck....OT

btw...if theres a wired in battery aboard whatever your towing, you may need to install a relay in fuse box?

Old 02-12-2004, 01:00 PM
Yeah, thanks for the input. I hooked it up with the pigtail that was included when I bought the truck. There are 5 wires on the pigtail but only 4 go to the brake controller. I put the fuse in the panel and just went with the 4 wires to the brake controller leaving the brown wire not connected to anything and it seems to tow fine, all lights work...... only problem I seem to have is that when I put the left turn signal on in the truck the right turn signal on the trailer works and vice versa. The trailer I was using was a 24' enclosed trailer that my cousin uses to lug around band equipment so I think that the wireing on the trailer itself may be the problem with that.

Mark

Quick Reply: 2004 F-150 Brake Harness Hookup