Towing & Hauling

prodigy update

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 10:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
prodigy update

i recieved my prodigy yesterday from camping world. came very well packed. instructions seem very easy.
i haven't installed it yet but will hopefully this weekend.
just wanted to update to say that yes the truck comes prewired for brake control but if you order their harness, it's prewired for the truck plus their unit. just plug in both ends. i didn't do this, so i wound soldering my trucks harness to their harness for the prodigy. not a bad job, only 4 wires, all of which were very well marked. unsure if i'm going to hook up the illum. wire yet. if it looks simple when i get under there i will.
all for now will update when i put the unit in the truck

Old 03-18-2004, 07:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I did the same wiring for my buddies truck. His came with the wiring with the tow package and we just soldered the factory supplied wire harness to the one from the prodigy unit and wrapped it up in loom. Looks great and saved a few bucks.

Be careful though if you remove the prodigy and leave the harness attached to the trucks connector and leave the other end (prodigy) hanging. The harness will have live power and if it accidently hits a metal part the right way it will give a very impressive blue light spark show. His mounting area had a nice metal bracket behind it with a exposed corner............I never have had it happen in mine but I guess it can

Old 03-19-2004, 08:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i was wondering about that. thanks for the info. tell your buddy thanks for doing the "research"

Quick Reply: prodigy update