Towing & Hauling

People ill need a slap or two...

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 06:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
People ill need a slap or two...

Ok so I just test drove the 3500 dodge Diesel , and while the interior sucked I liked the get up of the truck from a stand still. I have tested many of the 250's and now few of chevys/GMC but seeing the safty ratings as low as the are, and hearing nothing but bad comments from GMC they are outta my head. I am not sure bout the Dodges however, I have always lived in a FORD only family. I have a friend who owned an 1500 dodge and the thing squeaked and started to rattel after about 25,000 miles or so. Then agian that was a 02 model and he beat it to hell and back. i doubt they would have fixed it. What are your oppions on the dodge trucks? I hate to be a trader, Just I dont see me paying some 42k for fully loaded ford truck. But then whats 38K for a dodge huh! Any suggestions would be great!

Old 04-20-2005, 07:02 AM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ford has the best interior, GM the best tranny, and Dodge the best motor in 3/4 & 1-ton trucks. They will all last a long time and, on average, have very few problems. Test dive all three because they each have their own feel. Dodge has a number of things coming soon like the MegaCab, and some powertrain upgrades if you wait. If you get a Dodge, get the 1-ton as the payload is significatly increased without a ride quality penalty for a mere $200 more than 3/4 ton.

Old 04-20-2005, 11:25 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Based on the experience of a number of freinds, I'd also suggest that you look at how hard you will be working that truck. Towing heavy loads or running a snow plow are the kiss of death for the Dodge (automatic) transmission. It is a nice looking piece though.

Old 04-20-2005, 10:09 PM
Life is full of decisions and I've sure made plenty of them in my life. I have also been fortunate to have opportunities to meet many people from around the world and also introduce some to my family. Some of those people were robbers, thugs, and card sharks; some had not been to church in MORE than a month of Sundays due to incarceration and probably had a poor upbringing in the first place. My family has met ladies of the night, men that lurk in the night (for the aforementioned ladies), and lawyers who defended those ladies and men. The only person that will give me difficulty in introductions will be the one that

DRIVES A DODGE TRUCK!

Good luck and best wishes in which ever choice you make. I do have 2 friends (the only 2 in the WORLD) that own Dodge 1500s and they are quite pleased with the trucks.

Old 04-21-2005, 03:58 PM
I like the dodge diesel engines (cummings) but the rest of the truck is not much. I hope they finally got the front suspension problem fixed. The diesel weight used to be too much for them and they were failing like crazy.

I've been around all of them and the ford powerstrokes seem to be consistently better all around trucks.

My $0.02

Old 04-21-2005, 04:02 PM
A Dodge will be cheaper than a Ford every time.
Ford outsells GM and Dodge combined 2-1 in diesel trucks.

FORD IS BETTER!

Old 04-23-2005, 11:33 AM
I don't believe ford has 50 percent of the diesel market anymore. Also it's not a cummings it's a cummins. I think the best overall truck out there is the Gm Duramax/Allison Comb, great setup few problems (only injector problems and the injectors are the same as the dodge ISBe engine and now carry a 200K backing by GM, more then ford would ever do). Also, look at life to overhaul, Dodge is about 300K+, GM's duramax is 250K and fords powerstroke is around 150 to 200K if I remember right (I know it is much lower then the Duramax or cummins). The proof is in the pudding.

Old 04-25-2005, 07:41 PM
The proof of the pudding is in the tasting. When I sold my '85 6.9L, it had over 250K and was just getting broken-in. I'll agree the Cummins has a longer time between overhaul, the PSD stands up to the Durmax in reliability; personal opinion.

Old 04-25-2005, 09:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i love my 7.3 turbo...ford rules...zap!

Old 09-27-2005, 11:21 PM
Talking

Well let me tell you about my 1997 250 h/d 460ci with 34,000 miles on it (barely broken in). Put it in 4 low and it will pull your house away (not bad for a gasser). I pull a 12,500lb 5th wheeler out on the beach every weekend. And ever since I had the transfer case rebuild ($800) it does it with ease. But hit a match in the road and you better be holding on to your teeth (no lift kits). Go over RR tracks and you would swear it was coming apart in pieces. The rattling of the interior sounds more like truck with 134,000 miles on it. And don't expect to pass any gas stations. Please keep in mind this is only my experience. I am sure there are many more people out there that have had opposite experiences. Good luck in your search, go with your gut and I am sure you will get a great truck. And get the truck your inlaws suggest so this way every time something goes wrong you can blame them.

Quick Reply: People ill need a slap or two...