Towing & Hauling

anyone know where chevy hides their harness?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 09:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone know where chevy hides their harness?

does anyone know where chevy puts the trailer harness under the dash to hook up a brake control.
i hooked up my ford pretty easy but can't seem to find the plug in a chevy.
any help?

Old 06-27-2005, 12:47 AM
A little help here....what kind of chevy? year?

In the newer ones...the owner's manual will tell you where it is located, just like Dodge and Ford. Older GM's circa pre-'88 didn't have pre-wire provisions for the controller. (I believe, I'm sure if I'm wrong some one will speak up)

Old 06-27-2005, 06:20 AM
Don't know what year Chevrolet started installing a factory-installed brake control harness. The brake control should have a wiring schematic; if no harness came in the truck from the factory, you'll have to make your own. I made one for an '85 F250; I'm not an electrician and it worked for the 5 years I had the truck and trailer. (Yes, I know: every now and then, even a blind hog will find an acorn.)

Best of luck,
Curt

Old 07-09-2005, 11:58 PM
Did you find it yet??

I just installed a controller yesterday in an '04 Tahoe, it is under the dash between the brake and e-brake. The black box has a thumb screw that uncovers and the brake controller plugs into the top row, second from the left. It shows on the inside of the cover which one is for the brakes. It may or may not have come with the wire harness, but anyone selling controllers should have the wires.

Hope you found it or this helps.

Quick Reply: anyone know where chevy hides their harness?