Towing & Hauling

Double duty towing!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 06:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Double duty towing!

Saw one today, actually two, I just had to pass on to you guys.

The first was a f250 pulling a huge fifth wheel... with a 750 on a rack on the back of the fifth wheel. And this rack was about three feet of the ground. I chuckled about how much fun it must be to get that bad boy on and off until I realized what it was sitting on. It looked like and an oversized version of those racks you stick in the receiver... it was acutally a lift gate like you see on the back of a pickup. He put a channel down the center for the bike, and a two inch lip around the sides with lots of spots for tying down! Man if that wasn't sweet.

The second was his buddy in the bus, pulling a Grand Marquis and a boat... on the same trailer! The boat and trailer was backed onto the car trailer with the wheel up on what looked like extra tall driveway ramps. Then the tounge of the boat was supported by a frame to tilt the boat up at about a 30 degree angle. The car was just driven right under.

I guess you just never know!

Old 08-05-2005, 01:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I work in a trailer place and our runners put lots of stuff on their carriers.

Picture a 1 ton dually...make is irrelivent.
Wedge car carrier tripple axle goose neck, 30 footer.

On top, twin double axle car haulers, doubled up, one reversed.
Next back is a 10' encosed bumper pull cargo and on the back end a 3 horse slant goose neck that has a 6 foot short wall tack room. Pulled behind all of this is a 2 horse slant bumber pull of the back of the carrier.

I'm not sure what all that weighs, but I know it is less than those idiots who pull the same carriers with 3 full size 1 ton trucks on it. Locals pull these between truck dealers from town to town to avoid weigh stations and taxes for the dealers.

About once a month these monkeys come in to replace their bent goose neck ***** that are rated at 30,000 lbs.!

Quick Reply: Double duty towing!