Towing & Hauling

Brake controller

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 11:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 45Eclipse
What the hell is a ODBII port?
I'm hooking mine up this weekend......Took a quick look but nothing looked like the obvious connection.
OBD = On-Board Diagnostic. OBDII is what the newer trucks have. It's where you plug into the computer to pull engine codes or tune the truck... amongst other things.

What year truck do you have? Do you have the OEM trailer towing package?

Last edited by Ken07Harley; 06-29-2007 at 05:20 AM.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:15 AM
Originally Posted by Ken07Harley
ODB = On-Board Diagnostic. ODBII is what the newer trucks have. It's where you plug into the computer to pull engine codes or tune the truck... amongst other things.

What year truck do you have? Do you have the OEM trailer towing package?
2007 150 Lariet Screw with the package. Just don't want to plug in the wrong place and have to turn on wiper blades to get the trailer brakes to engage!

Old 06-27-2007, 09:15 AM
Originally Posted by 45Eclipse
2007 150 Lariet Screw with the package. Just don't want to plug in the wrong place and have to turn on wiper blades to get the trailer brakes to engage!
At least you will see what your about to hit nice and clear! LOL

You can't plug this into the wrong place. The toughest decisiion is to place the unit.

Do you screw through your nice new dash?
Do you mount it on the bottom of the knee bolster as if you are really going to reach down and hit the panic brake is that situation?
Do you mount it on top (I've seen it)?

I mounted mine exactly where Ken07Harley mounted his. I have other stuff on the tab on the other side.

Old 06-28-2007, 11:48 PM
Done.......

Originally Posted by dennisfranz
At least you will see what your about to hit nice and clear! LOL

You can't plug this into the wrong place. The toughest decisiion is to place the unit.

Do you screw through your nice new dash?
Do you mount it on the bottom of the knee bolster as if you are really going to reach down and hit the panic brake is that situation?
Do you mount it on top (I've seen it)?

I mounted mine exactly where Ken07Harley mounted his. I have other stuff on the tab on the other side.
Just finished mounting mine in the same spot as you folks. Connector was right under dash near the blue theft alarm light. Can't believe my trailer guy wanted $150 to hook this up! 30 minutes for an old fat guy like myself, a young nimble guy could do this in 15-20 minutes.

Quick Reply: Brake controller