Towing & Hauling

How do you lock your trailer

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 12:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do you lock your trailer

I've got a bulldog hitch on my car hauler.

Sometimes I need to leave it in my driveway while I work on the car in the shop. Lots of new constuction going on around my house so lots of workers see the trailer and probably know when I'm not there.

I've got a cable the I run thru the wheels that would make it impossible to two unless the cut it off, probably not hard to do with the right tools.

I want to get a coupler lock and wanted to see what you guys though was the best way to secure a bulldog hitch.

Post pics or links if you can to the product you like.

Old 06-28-2007, 12:48 PM
I Use A Ball Lock(fits Into Trailer)and A Lock To Secure The Ball There. A Cable Thru The Wheels And Over The Axle And Then I Pull Up The Safety Chains And Wrap Them Around The Jack Handle And Put A Lock On The Chains. So Its A Total Of 4 Locks For My Car Trailer.i Had My Last Trailer Stolen And I Dont Want It To Happen Again.its Probabbly Overkill But I Still Have This Trailer.

Old 06-28-2007, 02:10 PM
This thing looks pretty stout.

http://www.jblockllc.com/index.html

Old 06-28-2007, 07:48 PM
Masterlock makes a whole variety that will fit almost anything...but here is a bulldog style specific lock for your trailer.

http://www.southwestwheel.com/store/...pler-lock.aspx

Old 06-28-2007, 09:46 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by COBRA1993SVT
I Use A Ball Lock(fits Into Trailer)and A Lock To Secure The Ball There. A Cable Thru The Wheels And Over The Axle And Then I Pull Up The Safety Chains And Wrap Them Around The Jack Handle And Put A Lock On The Chains. So Its A Total Of 4 Locks For My Car Trailer.i Had My Last Trailer Stolen And I Dont Want It To Happen Again.its Probabbly Overkill But I Still Have This Trailer.
i do the exact same thing on my toyhauler, i had a flatbed stolen with my bike on it since then i lock the trailer up like fort knox

Quick Reply: How do you lock your trailer