Towing & Hauling

trailer brake control

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 12:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation trailer brake control

I installed a brake control in my 04 f150. it plugged in under the dash into the OEM plug..I bought A 7 plus 4 trailer connector plug and plugged it into the OEM 4 flat plug under the bumper.I need to know were in the truck do I connect the blue wire for the trailer brakes and the black wire for the trailer accessory.

Sarge

i

Old 08-26-2007, 01:27 PM
glc
Received 775 Likes on 715 Posts
That doesn't sound right - I think you need to go farther back in - above the spare tire somewhere - and disconnect the existing 4 wire plug and plug in a 7 wire harness into the socket up there.

Old 08-26-2007, 01:57 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by csarge
I installed a brake control in my 04 f150. it plugged in under the dash into the OEM plug..I bought A 7 plus 4 trailer connector plug and plugged it into the OEM 4 flat plug under the bumper.I need to know were in the truck do I connect the blue wire for the trailer brakes and the black wire for the trailer accessory.

Sarge

i
I have the same year. You need this kit, I think. Not sure what all you have installed now. You also need to add a relay which comes with this kit. The instructions are for the earlier years, but should give you and idea.

The Kit

How to install it

Edit: You might want to get the adapter cable as well. You will need to find the correct one for your controller. Here is another one, just plug it in.

Last edited by MeanGene; 08-26-2007 at 03:09 PM.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:27 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
When your done you can have access to both 4 and 7 pin connections.

Old 08-26-2007, 05:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did It

I did what you said Gene. I had the control plugged in already I just did not know were to pickup the two wires for the brakes and accessories for the 7way. It was as illustrated,I hooked the blue to the blue and the black to the big orange wire. Don’t know if it all works will have to wait and connect to a trailer when I can.
Thanks
Sarge

Quick Reply: trailer brake control