Towing & Hauling

tires for towing

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 01:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Michelin LTX MS are great tires for towing and all around driving. Are available in several load ranges and sizes

Old 10-06-2007, 12:30 PM
I don't know what "load range" I have but I went to my local Les Schwab tire dealer the day I picked my F-150 up from the dealer and swapped out the factory tires (Hankook pieces of crap, felt like I was driving on jello)

I told them what I was intendeing to use my rig for (daily driver, towing boat, towing travel trailer) and they recommended the TOYO Open Country A/T's.

All I know is that Les Scwab has a loyal customer and I will probably always put these tires on in the future. They are GREAT!

Old 10-11-2007, 10:36 PM
Tires for Towing

Sidewall stiffness helps reduce sway when towing. Grab the rear bumper from the side and rythmically push and pull while watching the tire sidewall. Stock passenger car type tires flex a lot. P metric tires ride softer in part because of sidewall flex - not good when towing a big box like a travel trailer. The higher the load range, the stiffer the sidewall and the rougher the ride. I have an extra pair of stock wheels with load range E tires for towing. Take 'em off when not towing. I got the wheels and tires off eBay. Stock F-150 wheels may not be rated for full inflation pressures of "E" tires. I have a F-250 LD.
Model A

Quick Reply: tires for towing