Towing & Hauling

Thin Tool Box?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 11:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thin Tool Box?

I need some extra storage with my SuperCrew, and I'm thinking about mounting a toolbox in the bed. But, I don't need a LOT of storage, and I want to have the use of most of the bed, so I'm looking for the thinnest tool boxes available. Anyone know of any?

Old 10-04-2007, 09:25 PM
Have you thought about gettin one of those side mount tool boxes and seeing if it can mount cross wise in your bed? thats if they make on that long. I am even considering it.

Old 10-04-2007, 10:53 PM
I know someone makes them. I've seen several Supercrews with them. They sit above the bed rails, and are only about 12" wide.

Old 10-18-2007, 09:31 PM
I dont know if you have a locking cover over your bed yet or not. But on my truck i have a roll-n-lock cover and then i keep all my tools,chains, winching tools, and fluids in a simple black duffle bag. I know it sounds dumb but it is so convenient and it really works nice, i can take them out when i need the whole bed, and they are really portable, and best of all i saved a bunch of money. Just an idea...

Old 10-18-2007, 10:00 PM
Yeah, had many types of soft and hard covers in the past (Extang, Undercover, Pace Edwards roll-top, etc), but not interested in going that route this time. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Also, I think I've decided to go with a standard width one anyway, to give a little more storage. Still up in the air over a standard one that sits on top of the rails vs a chest type that sits down in the bed.

Last edited by conqsoft; 10-18-2007 at 10:09 PM.

Quick Reply: Thin Tool Box?