Towing & Hauling

2006 Ford F150 Hauling Weight

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 01:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 Ford F150 Hauling Weight

Stupid question...but i'm a girl so it figures right!!!

How much weight can i put in the bed of my truck and haul safely?

I'm picking up a ton of pellets today and want to know if this is ok ?

Also i went to have the truck inspected today it failed b/c of the inner tie rod very loose? truck only has 27,000 miles on it this seem kinda soon to be happening right?
Hope it's covered under warranty!

Old 11-09-2007, 02:04 PM
glc
Received 774 Likes on 715 Posts
Look at the door jamb sticker and note the "GVWR". Then go find some scales and weigh your truck. The difference in the 2 numbers is what you can *safely* haul. People here exceed that routinely, but I cannot *recommend* that you do. If that ton of pellets puts you over (which it undoubtedly will if you have a F-150), you should be able to take them home if you drive slowly and carefully. I would not even get those pellets till you get that tie rod fixed, the last thing you need to do is lose your steering with an overload in the bed.

Old 11-12-2007, 09:11 AM
Originally Posted by michaure
Stupid question...but i'm a girl so it figures right!!!

How much weight can i put in the bed of my truck and haul safely?

I'm picking up a ton of pellets today and want to know if this is ok ?

Also i went to have the truck inspected today it failed b/c of the inner tie rod very loose? truck only has 27,000 miles on it this seem kinda soon to be happening right?
Hope it's covered under warranty!
My inner tie rod went up at about 38,000 miles. It was replaced under warranty. I had the extended 2 year 75k warranty.

I don't know about that load. I load everything in my trailer..

Old 11-14-2007, 09:20 AM
well i took the truck to a ford dealership to have the tie rod end replaced. they told me the other place was smokin something and that there is nothing at all wrong with the tod rod end. so i went back to that place that told me there was a promblem and they checked it again and told me yes it is very loose. and again i went over to ford and told them they still say its looses they went over that truck again and still saying no problem....who do i believe?

Old 11-14-2007, 11:00 AM
Originally Posted by michaure
well i took the truck to a ford dealership to have the tie rod end replaced. they told me the other place was smokin something and that there is nothing at all wrong with the tod rod end. so i went back to that place that told me there was a promblem and they checked it again and told me yes it is very loose. and again i went over to ford and told them they still say its looses they went over that truck again and still saying no problem....who do i believe?
Either there is a big difference in dealers, or the tie rod is not bad.

The reason I say there is a big difference in dealers is because I never complained about the tie-rod. I had took my truck in for the regular 3500 mile oil/filter change, and service check. BTW, that only cost $31.00 if I don't rotate the tires. It was during the service check that the dealer performed that they found the tie-rod loose. They came to the customer lounge, and told me they wanted to show me something.

They took me over to the lift where my truck was located, and proceeded to show me where the wheel was loose, and that pointed to a bad tie rod. They told me that since I had the extended warranty, it would be covered. I paid a $50 deductble and they replaced it. With labor and parts, the price was $421.00. Like I said, it only cost me my $50 deductable.

Again, it was my dealer that pointed it out to me. My truck was ridin smoothly, I had no complaints. And here you are telling your dealer about a complaint. I would go back to the very nice place that told you had a problem, have them show you again, as in up on the lift and then show you where the wheel is loose, then take it back to the dealer an d show them the same thing. After the place shows you in the flesh the problem, then it will not be any hearsay.

If it is loose, show the dealer. If the dealer still resists, get in touch with the Ford Rep.

Sorry for the long explanation, I am old, and it takes a lot of words to explain what I am saying..

Luck to ya,

Old 11-15-2007, 01:13 PM
4 mins?

Quick Reply: 2006 Ford F150 Hauling Weight