Towing & Hauling

What will an Edge Evolution do for me? anything?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 02:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What will an Edge Evolution do for me? anything?

OK you can see what I have for an F-150. I use it as a daily driver and I use it as a tow vehicle.

What will the Edge Evolution do for my truck... really?

I am not into mashing the go pedal down or using up my rear tires prematurely or "taking" that Chev at the light or any of that stuff. I just want some practical "here is what this chip did for me" information from anybody who would care to chime in.

Thank you.

Old 01-12-2008, 02:12 PM
gauges, and lots of them, great for towing

better throttle responce, good low end torque for towing

better shift patterns and firmer shifts, adjustable

I've never had it off level 2 (towing program) so somebody else with a heavy foot can chime in

Old 01-12-2008, 05:54 PM
I am the same way. i got it strictly because I tow a 27' travel trailer. I know for a fact that it helps while towing. I think my favorite part is to use custom shift settings to keep the tranny from shifting to quickly, and to soft. The gauges like mentioned earlier are also a plus. If you tow frequently i think you would be happy with it.

Old 01-12-2008, 06:58 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I use my EDGE pretty much like towrig06 does. I tow a 26 foot, 6,500 lb.(actual) travel trailer with my 06 Screw XLT 4X4. I leave mine set on level 2 without any customized settings all the time, towing or not.

Old 01-12-2008, 07:34 PM
Suspended
As of now, I am running the Xcal3 canned tunes. I am assuming the Edge canned, and the xcal canned are about the same. My truck just has a bit more giddyup. Happy that I spent the money. Its easier to pass...and the truck is not near as sluggish. Most in this forum love arguing which is better. Seems to me, its better to have something rather than nothing.

Old 01-14-2008, 10:04 AM
I have the Xcal from Toyer along with SIDO exhaust and AF1 intake. Not exactly the same thing but I can tell you for certain that daily driving to/from work increased 2.5 mpg. That's in economy mode on 87 shell gas.

In towing mode I'm not really sure what all its doing but the truck pulls a 7500lb 24' enclosed trailer very well.

Last edited by robertmII; 01-14-2008 at 10:07 AM.

Quick Reply: What will an Edge Evolution do for me? anything?