Towing & Hauling

Need Help Hooking Up 7-pin Trailer Circuit.

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 10:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Help Hooking Up 7-pin Trailer Circuit.

Recently Purchased A 2007 F150 Supercrew.this Truck Did Not Have The Factory Trailer Tow Package Listed On The Window Sticker,however,it Did Come With A 4-pin Connector Already Attached To Rear Bumper.i Will Be Installing A Voyager Brake Controller From My 1998 F150 Into This New Rig And Need To Know If The Connector For The 1998 Will Also Plug Into Socket Under Dash Of The 2007?also,will The 7-pin Connector I Want To Install At Rear Be Able To Just Plug Into Where 4-pin Is Currently Plugged In At,or If I Will Need To Run More Wiring?i Already Have Installed The Frame Hitch,as There Was Not One When Purchased,only A Step Bumper.will Be Towing A 3000 Lb. Travel Trailer,small,17' In Length.

Old 02-21-2008, 06:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First, check underhood to see if you have the relays in the spots reserved for trailer brakes etc. I'm pretty sure the old connector will hook up to the new truck one under the dash there. If not, the dealer will have one. As far as the 7 pin, I went to the dealer and got a 7 and 4 pin combo with bracket, it will plug into the connector same as the 4 pin along the frame and into the taillight plug. That's the easiest way but not only. A universal one comes with bare wires you'd need to solder together matching colors etc. You can also use crimped connectors. Then you should be set.

Quick Reply: Need Help Hooking Up 7-pin Trailer Circuit.