Towing & Hauling

airbags or load leveler shocks?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 04:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
airbags or load leveler shocks?

I am looking at replacing my shocks all around (04 Screw w/ 60K) and was thinking of the monroe load levelers in the rear and reflexs in the front. I was also toying with the idea of the firestone ride rites as well. Is this overkill? Or should I go with the standard rear shocks and airbag? I will be hauling a 18 ft ski boat around this summer and a 27ft travel trailer occassionally.

ideas?
cheers,
peter

Old 04-23-2008, 09:27 PM
Go with the Ride Rites. The load leveler shocks ride harsh when empty. Also invest in a WD hitch for your camper. The truck won't even know that the boat is on the hitch, but the TT will make it squat. You will most likely overload your hitch without WD for the TT anyway. Providing you get a good quality hitch, you won't need either.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:34 PM
that was my first inclination....I made some calls and came up with a smokin deal on some rancho 5000's (needed them anyway). I do have the WD hitch...and I was thinking that I could see how things work out with the new shocks as well. I know they do not 'hold" the vehicle up, but they should help with the ride..then I can look at the ride rites...am i on the right track?
cheers,
P

Old 04-25-2008, 08:48 PM
I tow a 34' TT with my truck. The tongue weight is over 1000#. I don't have bags or anything else. I use the Equal-i-zer hitch and have no problems at all. Over 5000 miles towing with this combo with absolutely no regrets. I do need to replace my stock shocks though. They are finally shot at 60,000 miles.

Old 04-25-2008, 09:17 PM
something to think about....Bilsteins and Timbrens?

That is what I am running on my F250, pretty happy with the ride.

Much better than the fake Rancho's.

Quick Reply: airbags or load leveler shocks?