Towing & Hauling

2005 Supercrew w/Vibration Damper & Hitch Receiver

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 06:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Supercrew w/Vibration Damper & Hitch Receiver

OK, so I'm trying to install a class III trailer hitch receiver. Every one that I look up says that it will not work with the vibration damper installed.
Has anyone, who has the damper installed, found one that does work for them?
I have heard of people removing the damper, but is there a way to reinstall it? or is it something you just have to leave off permanently, and what consequences will I face, realistically, with it off?
I have read of people owning their new truck for a few months, and start having bad vibration issues, hence the reason for the damper.
Thanks to all

Old 07-09-2008, 12:11 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by skrelo
OK, so I'm trying to install a class III trailer hitch receiver. Every one that I look up says that it will not work with the vibration damper installed.
Has anyone, who has the damper installed, found one that does work for them?
I have heard of people removing the damper, but is there a way to reinstall it? or is it something you just have to leave off permanently, and what consequences will I face, realistically, with it off?
I have read of people owning their new truck for a few months, and start having bad vibration issues, hence the reason for the damper.
Thanks to all
My truck had a tow package when I bought it, and it still has the dampener. I assume you are talking about the one behind the drivers rear wheel. It is not in the way of the stock hitch. Maybe you could buy a hitch from Ford. I did however have to remove one of the guards for the dampener to fit a rear slide out step I installed. But the dampener is still in tact.

Quick Reply: 2005 Supercrew w/Vibration Damper & Hitch Receiver