Towing & Hauling

Buddy buys Tundra to pull 7500lbs.

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 11:45 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Shinesintx
My buddy bought a Tundra to pull a 7500lbs travel trailer. From what I have read, its rated to pull 10,800...But the consensus in this forum is that with the trailer being loaded, passengers, and a load in the bed, the truck cannot handle this load. I asked him where and when he was traveling with this trailer. He did not laugh when I said that I needed this information so that I would not be traveling the same road with his "deathtrap."

He traded in his FJ with a lift. It had a sticker in large letters on the rear window that said "Hummer Rescue Vehicle." I tried many times to explain that it was cheesy and childish. Some will never learn or listen.
Most definitely a Cowboys fan.

Old 07-07-2008, 12:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ive got 3.08s in mine

Old 07-10-2008, 04:43 PM
He bought a Toyota... Oh no... End of the world!

Who cares?

Some people like Toyotas, others like Fords, Chevys, Dodges or Nissans. His opinion. It'll tow 7500lbs safely with no problem as long as he realizes he's got 7500lbs back there. You guys keep talking about the frame like it'll buckle if you put more than 1 bag of concrete back there, but don't bash Ford for rating the last F150 at 7700lbs when it has an equally (or more) worthless and flimsy rear section on the frame...

Get over it.

Old 07-10-2008, 04:48 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by SRockwood

Who cares?

Some people like Toyotas, others like Fords, Chevys, Dodges or Nissans. His opinion. It'll tow 7500lbs safely with no problem as long as he realizes he's got 7500lbs back there. You guys keep talking about the frame like it'll buckle if you put more than 1 bag of concrete back there, but don't bash Ford for rating the last F150 at 7700lbs when it has an equally (or more) worthless and flimsy rear section on the frame...

Get over it.
He is gonna pull about 10K after all is said and done...and its a 30 foot trailer. Its not safe. But he's gonna do it because he THINKS its rated for over 10K. As to get over it... Get over my post whoring

Old 07-10-2008, 06:01 PM
F150's have a weak rear frame ??? thats odd, mine must be custom then. mine is fully boxed. (Yotas are THIN c-channel)

Oh, and mine doesn't twist and bang into my cab when I am flying down rutted, washboard style roads either...

My tailgate has been able to hold an ATV, multiple bags of concrete, heavy tools and equipemtn moving to and from the shop, etc. Lets see Shine's neighbor do that !

Not a Yota hater by any means. Love the older ones, and can't beat a 22re. BUT.... this new POS car with a truck bed is a joke. I'm sorry, i like all brands, but this truck is just rediculously CRAP... my opinion. To each his own

Last edited by MercedesTech; 07-10-2008 at 06:07 PM.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:47 PM
haha weak frame on an F150? where are you getting this bs from? a fully boxed hydroformed frame with reinforced crossmembers through the frame welded on both sides. vs a wimpy c channel with riveted crossmembers...

Old 07-10-2008, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by Paralyzer
haha weak frame on an F150? where are you getting this bs from? a fully boxed hydroformed frame with reinforced crossmembers through the frame welded on both sides. vs a wimpy c channel with riveted crossmembers...
AMEN brother !!

Apparently thats not up to par with SRock

Must be hauling and towing some HEAVY *** equipment !

Old 07-10-2008, 09:21 PM
Or he might not have looked at the NEW F-150 with a real frame and awesome towing capability. I regularly tow 8500 with mine. Not one single issue. The truck sits dead level and tows well. I do however, wish I had a 5 or 6 speed trans. Other than that..... the F-150 will out tow a Tundra all day long.

Old 07-10-2008, 09:37 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by SRockwood

Who cares?

Get over it.
+1...

Old 07-10-2008, 09:40 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by MercedesTech
AMEN brother !!

Apparently thats not up to par with SRock

Must be hauling and towing some HEAVY *** equipment !
Haha.. Everyone watches ford's promotional DVD and thinks they're an expert.

There is way to many fan boys on this site. Except every truck for what it is, who cares if you don't like the Tundra or Ridgeline, other's do, thats why they exist.

Old 07-10-2008, 09:43 PM
Suspended
Hey.. Since we're on the topic of **** trucks, lets talk the Ranger.

Old 07-11-2008, 12:38 AM
Originally Posted by dlenkewich
Haha.. Everyone watches ford's promotional DVD and thinks they're an expert.

There is way to many fan boys on this site. Except every truck for what it is, who cares if you don't like the Tundra or Ridgeline, other's do, thats why they exist.
Want me to take pictures of the next plastic POS Tundra that rolls into the body shop next door ?

Or rather want me to call Toyota and explain to you their tailgate problem. Its something they even are well aware of, but have yet to properly address for the current tundra owners. i don't merely speak from Youtube experience, rather first hand knowledge.

I do except all makes and models. i am very, very "un-bias" but when someone buys this truck, and thinks they can use it as Shines has described, its a joke. The ridgline, the tundra, any other truck has there purpose and fans, but dont buy a ridgeline to tow heavy 5th wheels, ya know ? Don't buy a Tundra, and expect to be able to tow such heavy loads with out any problems. They simply aren't built for that type of use. They are meant as super sporty, super fast, power house grocery getters. Its my opinion, but i do believe i have a lot more first hand knowledge about both.

Old 07-11-2008, 04:22 AM
I don't know about the Tundra tailgate but if it's anything like the Tacoma tailgate they are indeed crap. A friend of mine has a Tacoma and just from a medium size load of 2x4 boards caused it to fold up like a taco. The only thing that saved it is that it was just as easy to bend back, lol.

Old 07-11-2008, 09:13 AM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedestech, SRock was talking about the 97-03 F-150 frame compared to the 2007+ Tundra frame.

Old 07-11-2008, 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by MercedesTech

Or rather want me to call Toyota and explain to you their tailgate problem. Its something they even are well aware of, but have yet to properly address for the current tundra owners. i don't merely speak from Youtube experience, rather first hand knowledge.

Refering to the tailgate. A buddy of mine just traded in his tacoma for a new tundra. I was kind of giving him a little **** about it and mentioned he didn't want his 3 year old daughter sitting on the tailgate. He said the salesman told him toyota fixed the tailgate on the '08 models. Any truth to that? I hope they did because it really is pathetic.

Quick Reply: Buddy buys Tundra to pull 7500lbs.