Towing & Hauling

load distribution Hitches

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 01:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
load distribution Hitches

Looking to get a load distribution hitch for my 24' open car hauler I'm building. Need one that is adjustable so I can put it on my 3/5 dropped 04 F-150 and also use on my 03 Tahoe.

Hell, if anyone has plans to build one I could use that also I guess. From what I see in pictures and in person their is really nothing to them.

Old 07-28-2009, 02:26 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Just get an EAZ-Lift WD setup (or similar) with the adjustable shank and that should suit your needs just fine. Go ahead and get the #1000 bar setup while you are at it.

The stirrups simply bolt onto the trailers A frame and then it's good to go. Adjust for your height to keep the trailer level when it's all tightened up and make sure you tilt the hitch head 'down' so that you get good tension on the bars after they are set.

When you hitch it up, you want to drop the trailer on the ball, latch it, then crank it back up so that you are actually lifting the rear end up some. Snap up the chains so that you have maybe 3 or 4 links hanging loose and then lower the jack. It should settle in and you should be pretty much level.

Mitch

Quick Reply: load distribution Hitches