Towing & Hauling

Towing Advice??????

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 06:46 PM
glc
Received 773 Likes on 714 Posts
I can certainly qualify my advice if you could post the dry weight of the trailer and the approximate weight of all your cargo that you could put in the trailer with the car. A verified weight of the car would help too.

Old 11-22-2011, 02:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm by no means a long haul tower but I have driven mine over some long trips with my mustang on a 16" trailer and a quad in the back. I didn't have a WD hitch but I do have air bags in the back. It rode nice from Washington state to Texas and I'm about to do it again from Texas to Massachusetts with a Cadillac CTS on the trailer this time. My truck has a different setup (5.4 9.75 rear end). I wouldn't feel uncomfortable with a larger enclosed trailer. Let us know how it went.

Last edited by davesgreenford; 11-22-2011 at 02:09 AM. Reason: added pictures
Old 11-22-2011, 06:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jerrybizzle
Just don't expect to be getting anywhere in a hurry and make sure your brakes are working. Like was mentioned earlier, brake controller will be necessary. I was over my weight limits, payload wise when towing all summer and didn't think it was unsafe. Go for it and have fun at your car show. how about a pic of the rig u will be showing.
check my Album out that was a 200 mile trip i did this year.doesn't show much of truck but dose show my cars and my open trailer.that's the car i need the in closed trailer for.

Quick Reply: Towing Advice??????