Towing & Hauling

2011 Ecoboost Super Crew...trailer light problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 10:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 Ecoboost Super Crew...trailer light problem

Using either the 4-pin connection or the 7-pin connection I have no running lights on my trailer. Brake lights and turn signals work perfect. All lights on the truck seam to work also.

Tonight, While standing in the pitch dark and the pouring rain I attempted to quickly plug in the 4-pin connection and I saw a small spark. Once I got the plug connected I had no running lights. They worked just hours before.

It's still pouring rain as I type this so I have not had a chance to test the plug (at the truck) but I'm assuming I blew a fuse in the truck. Looking in the manual I cannot find a fuse listed for the running lights. Can anyone help?

Almost forgot...the trucks head lights were on when I was trying to connect the plug...thus I suppose the reason for the spark when I got the plug crossed up.

Thanks.

Last edited by Toby from MO; 12-14-2011 at 10:30 PM.
Old 12-14-2011, 10:36 PM
on page 334 I found, fuse/relay location #6, trailer tow parl lamp relay.

Could this be it? Guess I have until tomorrow to buy a relay and try it out.

Old 12-15-2011, 12:23 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm not sure on the new trucks, but on mine, the trailer running lights are their own mini fuse. Not a relay itself. It's a 20a fuse I believe. On mine, it's in the fuse box under the hood. Not the one in the cab.

Mitch

Old 12-19-2011, 10:39 PM
Originally Posted by MitchF150
I'm not sure on the new trucks, but on mine, the trailer running lights are their own mini fuse. Not a relay itself. It's a 20a fuse I believe. On mine, it's in the fuse box under the hood. Not the one in the cab.

Mitch
Yep...found it under the hood. I believe it was fuse position #6...a 20A cartridge fuse...or so Ford calls them. All is good.

Thanks for the help.

Old 02-05-2012, 06:36 AM
Having blown both trailer fuses for the trailer in my truck Id recomend keeping some spares either in the trailer or the truck. (First was the running light fuse a year or 2 ago while testing the lights, next was turn/brake lights a week ago, not sure what caused that one) It also doesnt help that Ford uses the tiny fuses that no one seems to carry

Quick Reply: 2011 Ecoboost Super Crew...trailer light problem