Towing & Hauling

6'X12' trailer and ATV's/stuff hauled in it

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 02:50 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the replies and pics.

@pmason718 Those pictures really put everything into perspective for me. How much room would you have with the lift gate up and both ATV's in there. And the Raptor 700 can't cross into the V-nose. Where did you get the tie down rail system on the wall?

I honestly don't want the ATV in the bed. Plus it's a 5.5' I cannot fit either of my Atv's in the bed and still be able to close my tailgate.

I think if we can fit just two in there for now I will hang on to this trailer but if we can't then I'll have to find a new owner for it.

Old 02-17-2012, 08:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you can fit 2 as long as they are not more then 6ft(in fact more of 5'10'') long.

3 : forget about it.

Old 02-17-2012, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by nathan3306

@pmason718 Those pictures really put everything into perspective for me. How much room would you have with the lift gate up and both ATV's in there. And the Raptor 700 can't cross into the V-nose. Where did you get the tie down rail system on the wall?

I honestly don't want the ATV in the bed. Plus it's a 5.5' I cannot fit either of my Atv's in the bed and still be able to close my tailgate.

I think if we can fit just two in there for now I will hang on to this trailer but if we can't then I'll have to find a new owner for it.
Its standard E-tracking, most trailer stores will sell it, think its around $3-8 a foot but dont take my word on that. Another option would be L-tracking but it costs more and is harder to find tie downs for.

(Yes I know your comment wasnt directed at me but figured it might help)

Old 02-18-2012, 12:02 AM
Originally Posted by nathan3306

When I close the door there is a lil room left but as of right now I don't remember how much. The Tie down system I have is called E-track. The diffference between mine and others is that I had mine built into the frame of the trailer and not on the wall. I had my trailer custom built and picked it up in Mcadoo, PA. I have a 5.5ft bed as well but the 250 will fit in there with the tailgate closed but not the 700. If you have any other questions or will like to see some pics just let me know

Originally Posted by kc0stp
Its standard E-tracking, most trailer stores will sell it, think its around $3-8 a foot but dont take my word on that. Another option would be L-tracking but it costs more and is harder to find tie downs for.

(Yes I know your comment wasnt directed at me but figured it might help)

This is correct

Old 02-19-2012, 06:56 AM
I tow 3 full size on a 7x12 and it's tight, I don't think you'll get 3 into your trailer

Old 02-19-2012, 10:01 PM
Most atvs are around 78-80 inches long. I just sold my 6x12 as it wouldn't fit 2 in it. I have a kawasaki prairie 360 and maybe eventually getting a Polaris 500. And as stated before, they aren't aerodynamic at all. I just picked up a flat atv trailer that will haul two, and with the 6.5 foot bed I can fit one more in there if I go with friends. U may be able to fit them if they are smaller.

Quick Reply: 6'X12' trailer and ATV's/stuff hauled in it