Towing & Hauling

Firestone bags raising rear end??

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 11:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firestone bags raising rear end??

I have a 2012 fx4 with max tow and I am looking at getting firestone air bags for the rear. I was curious if when you install them how much did the rear raise with minimum air pressure with no weight on them? I don't want to get a leveling kit to make it look normal when I don't have weight on the bags. (unless I have to)
Also I was told when setting up my equalizer system for my camper I should first put the air in the bags to compensate for the weight in the bed, (back to stock height) then hook up the equal I zer system and don't add any air after I get it set up...?? Sound right??? Thanks!
Also I know I won't be going over any if the weight limits of the vehicle so we don't need to go into all the weight stuff...

Old 04-23-2012, 11:36 PM
Sorry forgot to mention it's a F150 ecoboost...

Old 04-24-2012, 06:57 AM
Sponsor
With 5psi in any airbag system, ours or Firestones the rear shouldn't lift. With a 100 psi you would only see an inch or two above factory with no weight.

There have been quite a few discussions about the sequences of using a WD hitch and airbags. Each person having their own logic. I would level the truck first assuming you have a good amount of weight in the bed before hooking a trailer. Then hook up and setup your hitch. You may want to go a little shy of level with the WD hitch and then come back and fill the bags a little bit more so both systems are really being used.

Old 04-24-2012, 08:38 AM
Ok awesome! Thank you! When I had air bags on my 03 Chevy, I put 5lbs in and it raised the *** end just over and inch. Doesn't sound like much but it's enough to notice! Thanks for the reply!

Old 04-25-2012, 10:14 AM
with 10psi in my airlift kit.I have no lift.

but I can lift the rear 1" at 100psi with my TT hooked up (which is great since I'm dropped 5")

Old 05-03-2012, 01:30 AM
Originally Posted by AirLiftCompany
With 5psi in any airbag system, ours or Firestones the rear shouldn't lift. With a 100 psi you would only see an inch or two above factory with no weight.

There have been quite a few discussions about the sequences of using a WD hitch and airbags. Each person having their own logic. I would level the truck first assuming you have a good amount of weight in the bed before hooking a trailer. Then hook up and setup your hitch. You may want to go a little shy of level with the WD hitch and then come back and fill the bags a little bit more so both systems are really being used.
I have the Firestones on my 09. At 5 PSI, they list 0.5", at 15 they list 1". This was helpful for me because I was 0.5" nose-high after putting a 2" leveling kit on. (The 2" AS kit raised my front 3".)

Quick Reply: Firestone bags raising rear end??