Towing & Hauling

Detachable winch for F150

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 04:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Detachable winch for F150

Hi folks - Not sure if this is the right area to post in, but I'd like to get a medium-duty winch that i can attach to either the front tow hooks or rear trailer hitch area of my 2001 F150 4x4 to do odd jobs like pull out stumps, pull logs uphill, etc. I am not interested in modifying the front or back bumpers for a permanent attachment. Any suggestions re where to best attach, which brand, and anything else a winch newbie should know would be most appreciated. Thanks!

Old 03-09-2013, 07:48 PM
buy a front receiver and a winch cradle, run some power leads to the front and rear of the truck and your done. As for a winch it all depends on the depths of your pockets warns are always nice but i have 3 superwinches on mt vehicles and they haven't let me down yet. Remember that you get what you pay for and if you cheap out it may come back and bite you...

Old 03-09-2013, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by noregrets
buy a front receiver and a winch cradle, run some power leads to the front and rear of the truck and your done. As for a winch it all depends on the depths of your pockets warns are always nice but i have 3 superwinches on mt vehicles and they haven't let me down yet. Remember that you get what you pay for and if you cheap out it may come back and bite you...
this x2

Old 03-11-2013, 03:31 AM
Only have a multi-mount 3k winch for my rhino but I'm planning on wiring one in for the pickup. Will come in handy, looking into a front reciever mount for the pickup also so I can get a better view of what I'm doing. Moved some things with the Rhino that took a pickup for counterweight in the past. Winch did fine, just need something heavier to move it.

Quick Reply: Detachable winch for F150